Invalid email addresses and you

Dark0ne

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #59763196.

fredlaus wrote: Still no verification by mail.
I am sending and receiving mails from other contacts though?
Have you added the prefix closed-?

Yes, it happens when you ask for your account to be closed. You need to enter what your actual email address is, as you're asking for the wrong email address to be verified.

In response to post #59763196. #59763441 is also a reply to the same post.

Dark0ne wrote: Yes, it happens when you ask for your account to be closed. You need to enter what your actual email address is, as you're asking for the wrong email address to be verified.

When I use my actual address I also get the message "that address is already in use"?
Edit: The notifications are turned off for e-mail btw. Edited by fredlaus

In response to post #59763196. #59763441, #59763811 are all replies on the same post.

Dark0ne wrote: Yes, it happens when you ask for your account to be closed. You need to enter what your actual email address is, as you're asking for the wrong email address to be verified.
fredlaus wrote: When I use my actual address I also get the message "that address is already in use"?
Edit: The notifications are turned off for e-mail btw.

Yes, in 2016 you asked for your account to be closed and then made a new account a few days later on the sites using that email address.

We only allow one account per email address. If you want to know what account you made, logout of the site and use the password reset form on the forums and enter your email address. It will tell you the username you've used in that email.

If you want to "free" that email address up again, you should ask for that old account to be closed.

In response to post #59762996.

JuzuMaruPrimus wrote:

That Verification thing doesnt work for me even if i try/change to my new Email adress in the settings it says Email is already in use and i dont get any Verifications Emails at all.

"Email in use" means you've made another account with the email address you've entered. We only allow one account per email address.

If you don't know what account it is you've made, log out and use the password reset form on the forums. It will tell you your username in the email.

JuzuMaruPrimus wrote:

That Verification thing doesnt work for me even if i try/change to my new Email adress in the settings it says Email is already in use and i dont get any Verifications Emails at all.

"Email in use" means you've made another account with the email address you've entered. We only allow one account per email address.

If you don't know what account it is you've made, log out and use the password reset form on the forums. It will tell you your username in the email.

I dont remember creating a second account or anything or did i somehow create a copy of my account?I used yesterday that Verification with my actuall Email and it said nothing wrong but there wasnt any Emails for Verification and hours later that orange notification thing appeared again and the Email in it and in my Settings is still the old one not the new one i think changed it to my new one when that data leak thing happened where we all have to change our Passwords and there i changed it and used my new one.So do i have to create another Emailaddress just for this Account then?Afterall that old emailaddress is long dead after not be used for years.

In response to post #59764471.

JuzuMaruPrimus wrote:

JuzuMaruPrimus wrote:

I dont remember creating a second account or anything or did i somehow create a copy of my account?I used yesterday that Verification with my actuall Email and it said nothing wrong but there wasnt any Emails for Verification and hours later that orange notification thing appeared again and the Email in it and in my Settings is still the old one not the new one i think changed it to my new one when that data leak thing happened where we all have to change our Passwords and there i changed it and used my new one.So do i have to create another Emailaddress just for this Account then?Afterall that old emailaddress is long dead after not be used for years.

The only way you can make an account on the site is by verifying your email address -- so if an account is already using your email address then you, or someone with access to your email address, made that account on Nexus Mods.

In response to post #59763196. #59763441, #59763811, #59764041 are all replies on the same post.

fredlaus wrote: When I use my actual address I also get the message "that address is already in use"?
Edit: The notifications are turned off for e-mail btw.
Dark0ne wrote: Yes, in 2016 you asked for your account to be closed and then made a new account a few days later on the sites using that email address.

We only allow one account per email address. If you want to know what account you made, logout of the site and use the password reset form on the forums and enter your email address. It will tell you the username you've used in that email.

If you want to "free" that email address up again, you should ask for that old account to be closed.

I don't get through with an email password recovery. Is this handled more difficult than necessary, Dark0ne?