11 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802,680 posts
Paxon the Pack RatPart of the Morrowind May Modathon Month competition 2018

This mod adds "Paxon, the Pack Rat" to your game.

As the name implies, Paxon is a "Pack" Rat. He's impossible to kill, hard to lose, and can carry a lot of stuff. He will also fight beside you.

Everything needed to use Paxon is added to the game when the mod

Ash Ra

Ash Ra

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Wow! Sounds like a great pal to have!

Tizzo

Tizzo

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
New version uploaded.

Paxon can be found in the courtyard of the Census and Excise Office, in Seyda Neen.

Big rewrite, everything is redone. Enjoy!

Edited by Tizzo, 02 August 2018 - 11:08 PM.

unforgiven06

unforgiven06

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
It's what I have been looking for years. I added to my load order super fast. Thanks.

MagnoliaEvergreen

MagnoliaEvergreen

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I am having an issue. I installed him and went to Seyda Neen and found him but didn't save before I exited. Now, When I go back into the game I don't have him or the acorn but the NPC dialogue for him is still there. I've tried reinstalling and making a clean save before reinstalling and I've tried going back to the save before I had him loaded the first time. Nothing. Any ideas on what to try next to fix the issue?

Edit: I restarted my PC and reinstalled and it worked. I might have been unknowingly installing it incorrectly, but I'm happy that he works now!

Edited by MagnoliaEvergreen, 28 November 2018 - 02:36 AM.

Tizzo

Tizzo

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
In response to post #65492421.

Spoiler

That's a new one. Sorry you had issues.

In the future, you can ask a Guard class NPC where the silly beast has gotten off to (the "My Pack Rat" dialogue option) and he'll get warped to a bar or inn somewhere in most towns on the mainland.

You should also be able to console in a copy of the acorn ( player -> additem "AA1_PaxonAcorn" 1 ) and use that to summon the Pack Rat as well.

Failing that, you can always clean your save (save, exit the game, uncheck the mod, go back in game, save again, exit again, recheck the mod, load the game up again) and that should reset everything. No PC Restart required.

Let me know if you have any other issues.

Best,

Tizzo

Edited by Tizzo, 28 November 2018 - 04:07 AM.

MagnoliaEvergreen

MagnoliaEvergreen

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
In response to post #65492421. #65498541 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind in case I accidentally lose him again. I've played with him for a few hours and haven't had any more trouble. :)

Thanks again!

Pagafyr

Pagafyr

Adventurer, Gamer, Want to be a Member of the Explorers Guild.

• Premium Member
  • 2,571 posts
Oh! I've killed so many rats. I feel miserable now. wink wink Until now it never occurred to me that I might be able to train one as a pack rat.

I LOVE IT! May I mod it so it's name gives credit to the author when ever I get his stats for before packing on more or relieving him of the load?

Tizzo. thinks about it Tizzo the pack rat. thinks about it some more. Nah! How about, Tizzo?

Tizzo

Tizzo

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
In response to post #67996826.

Spoiler

If it makes things more fun for you, feel free. Just don't change anything but the name, changing the creature ID in the editor will break stuff.

Thanks for using my mod!

Jaiysaun

Jaiysaun

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I feel sorry for making him carry so much of my trash that he's basically my mobile home, but home is where the heart is after all, and I love this little guy.

The dialogue people have about him is a nice inclusion, some of the silly ones still give me a chuckle. Still finding new lines every now and then, there's a surprising amount of dialogue for a mod that features a companion that doesn't speak. The option of having him just stay outside so I don't have to tell him to wait all the time is incredibly convenient. I also like the simplicity of this not reaching beyond the scope of just being a companion mod, but at the same time not seeming entirely generic. Not every companion needs to come with an epic storyline containing several new quests, dungeons, NPCs, weapons, ect.

This little stinker is a really good boy and I'll likely be getting him fat off of treats for many adventures to come.

Page loaded in: 0.798 seconds