Donation Points system now live for mod authors on Nexus Mods

Dark0ne

What about mod authors making updates to their old files and releasing them as new mods like redux/remaster/extended to get more DP's? Think about any of the most popular Skyrim mods with millions of unique downloads releasing an update as a new mod. They can even pick other authors mods with open permissions, add a few more items/textures/npcs and call it extended as a new mod. Remember when Steam released paid mods and some authors made updates to their abandoned mods just to get some money.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about mod authors making updates to their old files and releasing them as new mods like redux/remaster/extended to get more DP's? Think about any of the most popular Skyrim mods with millions of unique downloads releasing an update as a new mod. They can even pick other authors mods with open permissions, add a few more items/textures/npcs and call it extended as a new mod. Remember when Steam released paid mods and some authors made updates to their abandoned mods just to get some money.

As has already been discussed here and mentioned by Dark0ne, the Nexus staff will take a dim view of mod authors blatantly trying to game the system by doing what you are describing.

In response to post #60429892.

Despy wrote: What about mod authors making updates to their old files and releasing them as new mods like redux/remaster/extended to get more DP's? Think about any of the most popular Skyrim mods with millions of unique downloads releasing an update as a new mod. They can even pick other authors mods with open permissions, add a few more items/textures/npcs and call it extended as a new mod. Remember when Steam released paid mods and some authors made updates to their abandoned mods just to get some money.

Yes, and what people don't remember is the ban wave that followed as those people who tried to game the system all got caught and punished for it. The same would happen here, only it would be arguably faster than it was on Steam.

In response to post #60428182.

Vanguardascendant wrote:

In response to post #60387807.

Vanguardascendant wrote:

Does somebody mind putting up a list of the charities presently available to donate DP towards? I've never published a mod, so I don't think I have access to that list.

Currently the following charities are available:
Donation to Against Malaria
Donation to the International Committee of the Red Cross
Donation to Wildlife Conservation Society

Thanks. Sounds like a good starting list of charitable groups. None of them are particularly divisive or controversial. (Is there a strong pro-Malaria contingent out there?)

Hehe, that would probably be the Save the Mosquito Foundation; "creating puddles at inhabited places 24/7"! Edited by dikr

In response to post #60424777. #60429787 is also a reply to the same post.

Azulyn wrote: a shame this is really only going to reward Fallout4/Skyrim modders. meh
calfurius wrote: Well of course, the most popular mods get the biggest reward. Skyrim and Fallout 4 are the most popular modding communities at the moment.

On one hand I agree, on the other hand there will be much less "competition" in less popular games.

In response to post #60434912. #60435157 is also a reply to the same post.

JinKanzaki wrote: I wonder how many of the people complaining here have spent more than 10 bucks on mod donations in the past 10 years...
endgameaddiction wrote: I don't donate and never will. Modding is a hobby and doesn't require money for compensation. Feedback is perfectly fine.

Lol no offense but who made you the authority?

Question.

In which form DP>PayPal is being performed?

Accounts originating from my country (Belarus) can't receive funds.

(and, due to our stupid pr whatever it's unlikely to be changed in near future)

So, if DP>PayPal conversion happens as a funds transfer to account mail enlisted as recipient for direct PayPal donations... well, it's pretty gruesome for me.

First off i would like to say a big "Thank You!" to the community and the authors of Nexus for all there mods & content they allow us to use for free.

And would also like to add that I think that every one should get paid for there work regardless.

My Feedback, on the subject.

- - -

I personally, this could damage the Nexus from my view, As ive always see the Nexus as a neutral moding platform. And if Nexus start rewarding based on download traffic, Then there just feeding the already larger mod, That will already be getting donations to support there mods. This being said i dont think the larger mods shouldnt be getting rewarded for having there content hosted on the Nexus as they could take there content else where, Yet they stay loyal to the Nexus. But i do feel like this could be going towards the smaller mod authors out there as an incentive for them to continue creating/update there mods and to create some thing special. I would rather see Nexus make some form of "Creator Partnership" system where a mod author can sign up, And if there mod meets X criteria they get rewarded for there creations. Alongside mod support contests that the community can vote for?

I hope the Nexus flourishs, As its the best place for modding and mods a like.

The Creation Club, is the bane of my existence...