Patreon page for our Donation Points system

Dark0ne

In May we announced our Donation Points system for mod authors on Nexus Mods. The premise of the system is (relatively) simple, each month Nexus Mods has committed to donating $6,000 - $10,000 from our own funds towards a donation pool for mod authors to benefit from. If you'd like to read more about the Donation Points system please read our launch news post and our FAQs section.

Today we have launched a Patreon donation page to crowdfund a supplement to our donation pool so that our site users can also contribute to the system. Thus, whatever you, the users, raise on Patreon each month will go towards the next month's mod author Donation Points pool, on top of what Nexus Mods is already putting into the pool that month.

We're keeping it simple. There is one tier, with one purpose! Pledges go from you straight to our modding community and every penny you donate (except for Patreon and PayPal processing fees that we have no control over) will go towards the Donation Pool for mod authors.

We are a site built by modders, for modders, with the sole focus of providing the best support we can for our modding community of various video games. If you're a regular user of mods on Nexus Mods and would like to give something back to the mod authors who provide all their work free of charge, this is a great way to do it!

Any amount helps the mod author community and our one and only tier is open-ended starting from as little as $1.

Please be aware, this does not replace any sort of direct donation you can make to mod authors. If you'd rather donate directly to a specific mod author, nothing has changed! This is simply a way normal users of the site can donate towards all mod authors who have opted their mods into the donation system.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't expect much benefit from the system - it's about numbers, and Warband has a relatively small player base here - but, I highly appreciate your efforts towards supporting modders.

Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Edited by DtheHun

In response to post #60905747.

DtheHun wrote: I can't expect much benefit from the system - it's about numbers, and Warband has a relatively small player base here - but, I highly appreciate your efforts towards supporting modders.
Keep it up! :thumbsup:

We're putting the finishing touches on the DP report for last month and I've got a news post ready to go with some relevant figures on that topic.

Is there going to be some sort of subscription added to the Pareon donation system, like, instead of giving one larger chunk once, giving the possibility for a recurring payment for a certain amount per week/month/year per user?

As is, one can give more than one donation, of course, was just wondering if some sort of automated subscription would be among the possibilities.

Edited by JimmyRJump

In response to post #60906152.

JimmyRJump wrote: Is there going to be some sort of subscription added to the Pareon donation system, like, instead of giving one larger chunk once, giving the possibility for a recurring payment for a certain amount per week/month/year per user?

As is, one can give more than one donation, of course, was just wondering if some sort of automated subscription would be among the possibilities.

Patreon lets you choose different types of payment systems. For Nexus the system is set up as a monthly payment.

In response to post #60906152.

JimmyRJump wrote: Is there going to be some sort of subscription added to the Pareon donation system, like, instead of giving one larger chunk once, giving the possibility for a recurring payment for a certain amount per week/month/year per user?

Patreon lets you choose different types of payment systems. For Nexus the system is set up as a monthly payment.

hmm, for me, it'd be better to also have an option to donate just a one time sum, when i wanted to. i donate quite a lot around here, both straight and membership (love to give to Nexus itself), and i'd happily give to Patron...but i know from experience that i often forget about reoccurring things ike that. ran up a huge bill w/ Columbia Music club back in the day lol. moved and didn't get the mail, so forgot. had an xbox gold membership for 3-4 years...without even touching the xbox lol

so if you make a one time option (which i'm sure i'll use more than once), then i'd do that.

oh and maybe consider a "Wall of fame/ donators" type thing for authors mod pages. just as people like to see their name on an achievement rosters, or mod authors like to see their name on the hot files...i think donators would like to see their name on a list as well sometimes. gives a little extra motivation. years ago seemed like many mod pages had the "wall" but i don't see them anymore