Patreon page for our Donation Points system

Dark0ne

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #60935747.

Mookeylama wrote:

i see a "Custom Pledge" option now that i don't think was available on patreon yesterday. is that an option to donate once, and not reoccuring monthly?

Yeah, I believe it is. I'm not going to lie, that part is a little confusing. It says "Support Nexus Mods without selecting a reward" but we obviously don't want it to say that as the Patreon isn't for us, it's for mod authors. Unfortunately, we can't change that text (or turn off that custom pledge) from what I can see.

Basically -- whatever gets sent in via that Patreon page, no matter how it's pledged WILL go the donation pool.

Mookeylama wrote:

i see a "Custom Pledge" option now that i don't think was available on patreon yesterday. is that an option to donate once, and not reoccuring monthly?

Yeah, I believe it is. I'm not going to lie, that part is a little confusing. It says "Support Nexus Mods without selecting a reward" but we obviously don't want it to say that as the Patreon isn't for us, it's for mod authors. Unfortunately, we can't change that text (or turn off that custom pledge) from what I can see.

Basically -- whatever gets sent in via that Patreon page, no matter how it's pledged WILL go the donation pool.

dang, nope. i tried to give 70 but the custom is still set up for monthly reoccurring. shouldn't be this tough to do lol

In response to post #60909857. #60910697 is also a reply to the same post.

Elianora wrote: This is a good idea. I will pledge a bit (even though it probably comes back to me with my DP points but I want to pitch in)
BigBizkit wrote: Much appreciated! :)

Me as well. It really is a great idea, I always wanted to support authors on patreon but I couldn't afford to pay all of them separately, not to mention I wouldn't know how to split it. This is a great solution.

In response to post #60943857.

Mookeylama wrote:

Mookeylama wrote:

dang, nope. i tried to give 70 but the custom is still set up for monthly reoccurring. shouldn't be this tough to do lol

The best way to do that would be to do a one monthly payment and cancel it after the payment is cleared.

Congratulations Dark0ne is remarkable is admirable for his actions to help and value the work of modders, it was a great idea for Patreon and Dps. Not for the value itself, but for the effort to value the modders of the site.

While those who criticize are selfish and nothing more to say, at least they should shut up. If you do not agree, not participating is simple.

Keep up the good work :)

• 3 weeks later...