Download speed cap increase for Supporters and non-Adblockers

Dark0ne

In response to post #64083096. #64083806, #64093581, #64097976, #64098541, #64099466, #64099491 are all replies on the same post.

reptileye wrote: Nice and all, but how about increasing the cap also for modders? without us there is no nexus after all.
Kaebus wrote: There's also no Nexus without funds. I don't think a minimum one-time payment of $4 for supporter status is unreasonable, even for modders.
Pickysaurus wrote: Mod Authors can actually get supporter or premium with donation points now. So if you don't want to pay money, get saving them points ;)
reptileye wrote: What in the f*#@ is a donation point?
Dark0ne wrote: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nexus+mods+donation+points

Which will lead you to this news post and various other articles about it. We also displayed a BIG orange banner at the top of the site telling you to opt-in your mods which will still be there unless you closed it. It was also brought up in our forums on multiple occasions.
reptileye wrote: Sorry but if i have to use google to get answers in this site i prefer to put my money somewhere else.
Dark0ne wrote: Ok?

What we're talking about is a system we've setup to donate money to mod authors, so it's really no skin off our back if you ignore all the news posts and banners we've put up to inform you about it. Other mod authors will reap the benefits instead :)

You changed the reply. Bravo.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64083096. #64083806, #64093581, #64097976, #64098541, #64099466, #64099491, #64099611 are all replies on the same post.

reptileye wrote: Nice and all, but how about increasing the cap also for modders? without us there is no nexus after all.
Kaebus wrote: There's also no Nexus without funds. I don't think a minimum one-time payment of $4 for supporter status is unreasonable, even for modders.
Pickysaurus wrote: Mod Authors can actually get supporter or premium with donation points now. So if you don't want to pay money, get saving them points ;)
reptileye wrote: What in the f*#@ is a donation point?
Dark0ne wrote: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nexus+mods+donation+points

Which will lead you to this news post and various other articles about it. We also displayed a BIG orange banner at the top of the site telling you to opt-in your mods which will still be there unless you closed it. It was also brought up in our forums on multiple occasions.
reptileye wrote: Sorry but if i have to use google to get answers in this site i prefer to put my money somewhere else.
Dark0ne wrote: Ok?

What we're talking about is a system we've setup to donate money to mod authors, so it's really no skin off our back if you ignore all the news posts and banners we've put up to inform you about it. Other mod authors will reap the benefits instead :)
reptileye wrote: You changed the reply. Bravo.

Yep, a good 26 minutes before you responded, to also clarify the information was also advertised extensively on Nexus Mods as well. It still is.

What a joke. Let me get this. I'm a modder. I don't get a single penny for my work here, but in order to download content from other modders properly i have to pay? are you serious? at this point i think they are trying to get proofit, i mean i remember some months ago they were hiring some coders for this site? if that isn't an investment then what was it? it's pathetic honestly. People that come her and leech content, sure i get it, but modders? lol

I think i had enough. I'm leaving. If there is some people interested in my mods, you can get them from my blog http://reptilecavemods.blogspot.com/2018/09/ will start posting them there.

Bye bye.

In response to post #64099801.

reptileye wrote: What a joke. Let me get this. I'm a modder. I don't get a single penny for my work here, but in order to download content from other modders properly i have to pay? are you serious? at this point i think they are trying to get proofit, i mean i remember some months ago they were hiring some coders for this site? if that isn't an investment then what was it? it's pathetic honestly. People that come her and leech content, sure i get it, but modders? lol

I think i had enough. I'm leaving. If there is some people interested in my mods, you can get them from my blog http://reptilecavemods.blogspot.com/2018/09/ will start posting them there.

Bye bye.

The underlying download system hasn't changed since 2007. You joined in 2010 and since that time you have uploaded 17 of your files here either knowing how our download system worked, but not caring, or somehow not knowing how it worked, even though you've downloaded over 1,100 mods from Nexus Mods.

Now, when presented with information that we also support mod authors monetarily, you've gotten upset and now claim you want to leave over something that hasn't been an issue for you for 8 years.

Seems odd, no? Edited by Dark0ne

In response to post #64099801. #64099871 is also a reply to the same post.

reptileye wrote: What a joke. Let me get this. I'm a modder. I don't get a single penny for my work here, but in order to download content from other modders properly i have to pay? are you serious? at this point i think they are trying to get proofit, i mean i remember some months ago they were hiring some coders for this site? if that isn't an investment then what was it? it's pathetic honestly. People that come her and leech content, sure i get it, but modders? lol

Bye bye.
Dark0ne wrote: The underlying download system hasn't changed since 2007. You joined in 2010 and since that time you have uploaded 17 of your files here either knowing how our download system worked, but not caring, or somehow not knowing how it worked, even though you've downloaded over 1,100 mods from Nexus Mods.

Now, when presented with information that we also support mod authors monetarily, you've gotten upset and now claim you want to leave over something that hasn't been an issue for you for 8 years.

Seems odd, no?

All i know is that i'm going to be like the 95% of the people here. Come, get the mods i like, and get out. This way you won't get any more complains, from me at least. Good enough?

In response to post #64099801. #64099871, #64100266 are all replies on the same post.

Bye bye.
Dark0ne wrote: The underlying download system hasn't changed since 2007. You joined in 2010 and since that time you have uploaded 17 of your files here either knowing how our download system worked, but not caring, or somehow not knowing how it worked, even though you've downloaded over 1,100 mods from Nexus Mods.

Seems odd, no?
reptileye wrote: All i know is that i'm going to be like the 95% of the people here. Come, get the mods i like, and get out. This way you won't get any more complains, from me at least. Good enough?

Sure? All of this is very odd to me, so anything that returns me back to sanity will be welcome.

In response to post #64099801. #64099871, #64100266, #64100311 are all replies on the same post.

Bye bye.

Seems odd, no?
reptileye wrote: All i know is that i'm going to be like the 95% of the people here. Come, get the mods i like, and get out. This way you won't get any more complains, from me at least. Good enough?
Dark0ne wrote: Sure? All of this is very odd to me, so anything that returns me back to sanity will be welcome.

I'm sorry mate, but what "work" exactly? If you mod for money you're in wrong place and wrong mindset. I suggest considering getting over yourself. If you're flipping out over one off 4$ payment for upgrade or no changes for you at all I believe you might have deeper issues we can't solve here.

As a supporter and staunch believer in Adblocking everywhere all the time I welcome the changes. Edited by mamelukturbo

I must say this is a very beautiful and elegant way of dealing whit adblocking software, not punishing for the use of it, but rewarding the not use of it whit new things.

Very beautiful, much elegant, wow

Sounds A O.K. to me Dark0ne. As a member residing in the states, I've had trouble in the past attempting to purchase a premium membership. It wasn't any fault with Nexus, it was more of an issue with my (our) debit card company. The last time I tried to purchase a premium membership I had my bestest good friend try with her card and the company she has her card through actually put her account on hold saying this transaction was "unusual." LoL ! Like I say, we know it was the debit card company, and not the Nexus giving us grief. We spoke to them directly so that's how we know it was no fault of the Nexus.

I may get slaughtered by you or other members when I ask this but, is there any plans of accepting Bitcoin, or other cryptocurrencies as payment for premium at any point in the future ? That would be pretty awesome from my corner of the world. No worries if not, just thought I'd ask.

Cheers to all !