Download speed cap increase for Supporters and non-Adblockers

Dark0ne

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I have a router level adblock and I have tons of scripts that will break "adblock blockers" I do understand you guys need money, I just wish sites would moderate their ads. 99% of the reason I even use ad blocker is because Ads are scammy or straight up malware/Trojans. They exist purely to steal and deceive. I cant even remember the last time I saw an ad on my phone when I'm not home that was not some fake virus notification or what not. While I do support this site as I do use it ALOT. I feel you should look at the cause rather than the symptoms. Most people aren't so unreasonable as to go out of their way to block something that is int bothering them, So the fact that ad blocking is on the rise like it is shows that ads are in fact bothering them one way or another. Just my 2 cents. Edited by bubbanole91

In response to post #64183701. #64191081, #64204401, #64206866 are all replies on the same post.

zgrillo2004 wrote:

Hey. you want to stop us from using adblockers on the site? then how about remove the malware ridden ads from your site. If you cant, then Im keeping mine on. Deal with it.

megapolom wrote: Or... crazy thought right here... you could donate the 2$ and become a supporter and avoid ads altogether.
reptileye wrote: Point taken but that isn't enough.

It's pathetic. People who can pay get the benefit but people who put actual content into the site don't? what a joke.
Forzane wrote: @reptileye you as a mod author CAN get ads removed...use your DP from your wallet and get Premium for 1 month and then after that month is up you go to Supporter ...boom no ads

Megapolom, you mean reward the site owners for willingly using malicious ads and giving them money to stop wasting our bandwidth and attempting to infect our computers? I don't understand why it's our place to reward bad behavior, even if it is only $2.

I have to buy internet by the mile. Overages are very high. Many adds are glutenous bandwidth burners that I get stuck with the bill for. So, If I'm going to afford internet for myself, an adblocker that stops add downloads altogether is a big plus.

In response to post #64183701. #64191081, #64204401, #64206866, #64229911 are all replies on the same post.

zgrillo2004 wrote:

Hey. you want to stop us from using adblockers on the site? then how about remove the malware ridden ads from your site. If you cant, then Im keeping mine on. Deal with it.

megapolom wrote: Or... crazy thought right here... you could donate the 2$ and become a supporter and avoid ads altogether.
reptileye wrote: Point taken but that isn't enough.

It's pathetic. People who can pay get the benefit but people who put actual content into the site don't? what a joke.
Forzane wrote: @reptileye you as a mod author CAN get ads removed...use your DP from your wallet and get Premium for 1 month and then after that month is up you go to Supporter ...boom no ads
KZadBhat wrote: Megapolom, you mean reward the site owners for willingly using malicious ads and giving them money to stop wasting our bandwidth and attempting to infect our computers? I don't understand why it's our place to reward bad behavior, even if it is only $2.

That is indeed a crazy thought mega, to have to pay to not have malware infested ads. There is a reason ad blocker exists to begin with it. Zgrillo has the right of it, Sorry.

In response to post #64222811. #64223906 is also a reply to the same post.

theiillustriousfrogdog wrote: hey im gonna find a way around the adblock thing because i don't like malware from your shitty ads, peace my dude. get a patreon.
EmmaTherMermaid wrote: ya the problems with these ads are freaking ridiculous

We have Supporter membership, which costs $2, or Premium Membership, which costs $4.50. Either of which give you ad free for life.

In response to post #64198501.

Kriptik5 wrote: When do the changes take affect? I'm using Vortex and still seem to be capped at 1 mb/s.

"This speed cap increase is live now for manual downloads and will be rolled out to Vortex within the next two weeks."

In response to post #64222811. #64223906, #64234061 are all replies on the same post.

theiillustriousfrogdog wrote: hey im gonna find a way around the adblock thing because i don't like malware from your shitty ads, peace my dude. get a patreon.
EmmaTherMermaid wrote: ya the problems with these ads are freaking ridiculous
Dark0ne wrote: We have Supporter membership, which costs $2, or Premium Membership, which costs $4.50. Either of which give you ad free for life.

Just pay the 2$ donation and be a supporter with no ads for life. You support them and they support you with no ads.

In response to post #64198501. #64242411 is also a reply to the same post.

Kriptik5 wrote: When do the changes take affect? I'm using Vortex and still seem to be capped at 1 mb/s.
DerOnly wrote: "This speed cap increase is live now for manual downloads and will be rolled out to Vortex within the next two weeks."

The 1MB/s speed cap is still currently active for manual downloads for paid "supporters" that use adblock software.