Download speed cap increase for Supporters and non-Adblockers

Dark0ne

Remove any malicious ads and moderate them, then i'll gladly whitelist your site. Othewise, why should I donate/pay just to remove malicious ads from your site while ad blocker is free. I don't mind ads, as long as they are clean and moderated.

Otherwise, just remove all ads and force subscription, it's no different then having malicious ads.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64259471.

pixelica wrote: Remove any malicious ads and moderate them, then i'll gladly whitelist your site. Othewise, why should I donate/pay just to remove malicious ads from your site while ad blocker is free. I don't mind ads, as long as they are clean and moderated.
Otherwise, just remove all ads and force subscription, it's no different then having malicious ads.

We make every effort reasonable to ensure our adds are no malicious, if you see one, we even have a dedicated forum to report them. We need evidence to take to our ad providers if they're allowing bad ads on our site.

Although considering you're using an ad-blocker it's unlikely you've seen many ads at all.

In response to post #64222811. #64223906, #64234061, #64254026 are all replies on the same post.

theiillustriousfrogdog wrote: hey im gonna find a way around the adblock thing because i don't like malware from your shitty ads, peace my dude. get a patreon.
EmmaTherMermaid wrote: ya the problems with these ads are freaking ridiculous
Dark0ne wrote: We have Supporter membership, which costs $2, or Premium Membership, which costs $4.50. Either of which give you ad free for life.
lightswornknight wrote: Just pay the 2$ donation and be a supporter with no ads for life. You support them and they support you with no ads.

I've found my Premium Membership excellent value. I like to support this site and its managers and modders, they've given me a great amount of enjoyment over the years. It's not a lot, and it's good to know I'm helping out.
And with the new Supporter level you've got faster downloads for less cash.
Get yourself a membership!

In response to post #64222811. #64223906, #64234061, #64254026, #64271071 are all replies on the same post.

theiillustriousfrogdog wrote: hey im gonna find a way around the adblock thing because i don't like malware from your shitty ads, peace my dude. get a patreon.
Dark0ne wrote: We have Supporter membership, which costs $2, or Premium Membership, which costs $4.50. Either of which give you ad free for life.
lightswornknight wrote: Just pay the 2$ donation and be a supporter with no ads for life. You support them and they support you with no ads.
BlueGunk wrote: I've found my Premium Membership excellent value. I like to support this site and its managers and modders, they've given me a great amount of enjoyment over the years. It's not a lot, and it's good to know I'm helping out.

Membership or not, my adblocker stays, and I don't whitelist any sites ads. If it was just a matter of paying for an increase in download speed, that would be fine, but trying to force me to pay to get rid of bandwidth hogging, malware laced adverts is a good way of ensuring I don't support you financially. Why would I pay you to stop bothering me with ads when I can just block them?

In response to post #64198501. #64242411, #64254116 are all replies on the same post.

Kriptik5 wrote: When do the changes take affect? I'm using Vortex and still seem to be capped at 1 mb/s.
DerOnly wrote: "This speed cap increase is live now for manual downloads and will be rolled out to Vortex within the next two weeks."
Zardoz127 wrote: The 1MB/s speed cap is still currently active for manual downloads for paid "supporters" that use adblock software.

Ah damn, guess I skipped over that. Thanks for the reply.

In response to post #64222811. #64223906, #64234061, #64254026, #64271071, #64275231 are all replies on the same post.

BlueGunk wrote: I've found my Premium Membership excellent value. I like to support this site and its managers and modders, they've given me a great amount of enjoyment over the years. It's not a lot, and it's good to know I'm helping out.
Brennan wrote: Membership or not, my adblocker stays, and I don't whitelist any sites ads. If it was just a matter of paying for an increase in download speed, that would be fine, but trying to force me to pay to get rid of bandwidth hogging, malware laced adverts is a good way of ensuring I don't support you financially. Why would I pay you to stop bothering me with ads when I can just block them?

+1 Brennan's comment