Download speed cap increase for Supporters and non-Adblockers

Dark0ne

In response to post #64222811. #64223906, #64234061, #64254026, #64271071, #64275231, #64281666 are all replies on the same post.

theiillustriousfrogdog wrote: hey im gonna find a way around the adblock thing because i don't like malware from your shitty ads, peace my dude. get a patreon.
EmmaTherMermaid wrote: ya the problems with these ads are freaking ridiculous
Dark0ne wrote: We have Supporter membership, which costs $2, or Premium Membership, which costs $4.50. Either of which give you ad free for life.
lightswornknight wrote: Just pay the 2$ donation and be a supporter with no ads for life. You support them and they support you with no ads.
BlueGunk wrote: I've found my Premium Membership excellent value. I like to support this site and its managers and modders, they've given me a great amount of enjoyment over the years. It's not a lot, and it's good to know I'm helping out.
And with the new Supporter level you've got faster downloads for less cash.
Get yourself a membership!
Brennan wrote: Membership or not, my adblocker stays, and I don't whitelist any sites ads. If it was just a matter of paying for an increase in download speed, that would be fine, but trying to force me to pay to get rid of bandwidth hogging, malware laced adverts is a good way of ensuring I don't support you financially. Why would I pay you to stop bothering me with ads when I can just block them?
BuffyKillsVampires wrote: +1 Brennan's comment

+2 BlueGunk's comment.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64259471. #64260691 is also a reply to the same post.

pixelica wrote: Remove any malicious ads and moderate them, then i'll gladly whitelist your site. Othewise, why should I donate/pay just to remove malicious ads from your site while ad blocker is free. I don't mind ads, as long as they are clean and moderated.
Otherwise, just remove all ads and force subscription, it's no different then having malicious ads.
Pickysaurus wrote: We make every effort reasonable to ensure our adds are no malicious, if you see one, we even have a dedicated forum to report them. We need evidence to take to our ad providers if they're allowing bad ads on our site.

Although considering you're using an ad-blocker it's unlikely you've seen many ads at all.

Like I already said, Pickysaurus, I keep my adblocker locking it down because the one time I did accept your ads, I got a streaming video sucking up all my bandwidth, and would have continued doing it for several minutes. So, have the video ads and other ads that require multi-megabyte downloads been removed? Until then, remember you actually do have users who wouldn't get any advantage anyway. I get to download at 300KB/s, so I already can't reach your limit.

Thank you.

Where I live 200Mbps (Unlimited 50MB a second) is basic internet so the download speed is relatively slow for supporters but the files are mostly very small and the price to become a supporter is dirt cheap so I have no issues with the speed cap and appreciate that you've doubled my download speed from your site.

In response to post #64083096. #64083806, #64093581, #64097976, #64098541, #64099466, #64099491, #64099611, #64099756 are all replies on the same post.

reptileye wrote: Nice and all, but how about increasing the cap also for modders? without us there is no nexus after all.
Kaebus wrote: There's also no Nexus without funds. I don't think a minimum one-time payment of $4 for supporter status is unreasonable, even for modders.
Pickysaurus wrote: Mod Authors can actually get supporter or premium with donation points now. So if you don't want to pay money, get saving them points ;)
reptileye wrote: What in the f*#@ is a donation point?
Dark0ne wrote: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nexus+mods+donation+points

Which will lead you to this news post and various other articles about it. We also displayed a BIG orange banner at the top of the site telling you to opt-in your mods which will still be there unless you closed it. It was also brought up in our forums on multiple occasions.
reptileye wrote: Sorry but if i have to use google to get answers in this site i prefer to put my money somewhere else.
Dark0ne wrote: Ok?

What we're talking about is a system we've setup to donate money to mod authors, so it's really no skin off our back if you ignore all the news posts and banners we've put up to inform you about it. Other mod authors will reap the benefits instead :)
reptileye wrote: You changed the reply. Bravo.
Dark0ne wrote: Yep, a good 26 minutes before you responded, to also clarify the information was also advertised extensively on Nexus Mods as well. It still is.

hey reptileye, what is your intention asking for increasing the cap on a site you seem to ignore to use for uploading your mods ? it's your free decision to ignore nexusmods as your mod upload site including the donation points system on this site and to offer your mods elsewhere. but if you do so why are you asking nexusmods for support or for increasing a cap for people like you ignoring nexusmods site and it's benefits including the ability to increase the cap with some donation points ? your point of view appears rediculously ignorant to me.
Edited by xrayy

In response to post #64294021.

Woh2015 wrote: Thank you SO much for this increase. The simple value of only $2 to support your site AND get extra benefits is amazing. You deserve every cent and maybe more.

i'm absolutely on the same page! thank you, nexusmods!

In response to post #64222811. #64223906, #64234061, #64254026, #64271071, #64275231, #64281666, #64281796 are all replies on the same post.

theiillustriousfrogdog wrote: hey im gonna find a way around the adblock thing because i don't like malware from your shitty ads, peace my dude. get a patreon.
Dark0ne wrote: We have Supporter membership, which costs $2, or Premium Membership, which costs $4.50. Either of which give you ad free for life.
lightswornknight wrote: Just pay the 2$ donation and be a supporter with no ads for life. You support them and they support you with no ads.
BlueGunk wrote: I've found my Premium Membership excellent value. I like to support this site and its managers and modders, they've given me a great amount of enjoyment over the years. It's not a lot, and it's good to know I'm helping out.
Brennan wrote: Membership or not, my adblocker stays, and I don't whitelist any sites ads. If it was just a matter of paying for an increase in download speed, that would be fine, but trying to force me to pay to get rid of bandwidth hogging, malware laced adverts is a good way of ensuring I don't support you financially. Why would I pay you to stop bothering me with ads when I can just block them?
F33RK1LL5 wrote: +2 BlueGunk's comment.

If you can afford to buy a lot of games buying Supporter is no different.

In response to post #64222811. #64223906, #64234061, #64254026, #64271071, #64275231, #64281666, #64281796, #64299476 are all replies on the same post.

F33RK1LL5 wrote: +2 BlueGunk's comment.
JohnnyXD23 wrote: If you can afford to buy a lot of games buying Supporter is no different.

+3 Brennan's comment.

+3 BlueGunk's comment.

In response to post #64183701. #64191081, #64204401, #64206866, #64229911, #64231896 are all replies on the same post.

zgrillo2004 wrote:

Hey. you want to stop us from using adblockers on the site? then how about remove the malware ridden ads from your site. If you cant, then Im keeping mine on. Deal with it.

megapolom wrote: Or... crazy thought right here... you could donate the 2$ and become a supporter and avoid ads altogether.
reptileye wrote: Point taken but that isn't enough.

It's pathetic. People who can pay get the benefit but people who put actual content into the site don't? what a joke.
Forzane wrote: @reptileye you as a mod author CAN get ads removed...use your DP from your wallet and get Premium for 1 month and then after that month is up you go to Supporter ...boom no ads
KZadBhat wrote: Megapolom, you mean reward the site owners for willingly using malicious ads and giving them money to stop wasting our bandwidth and attempting to infect our computers? I don't understand why it's our place to reward bad behavior, even if it is only $2.
VoidPriest wrote: That is indeed a crazy thought mega, to have to pay to not have malware infested ads. There is a reason ad blocker exists to begin with it. Zgrillo has the right of it, Sorry.

More than stop people using adblockers on the site they are kind of rewarding the people that do not use them or that have the supporter account, if you have adblock you can continue using the site as always, whitout changes, they are not lowering the cap for adblockers, they are increasing the cap for non adblockers and supporters, adblockers can get the same cap they aleardy had.

Technically you can sandbox the web browser that way malwares are contained and would not harm your computer.

Bad ads are not the mistake of site owners, they are the mistake of ad networks, in nexus you can report bad ads you see in the forum and the site owners ask the ad network to remove them.
So they are not willingly using malicious ads, but there is not much they can do about it other than what they do, today malicious ads are very hard to detect from their end, because those ads are very ofuscated and hard to detect, and nexus is not google or some big company to have their own ad network and a very powerful algorithm to detect malicious ads. Edited by lyoko1