Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

So my Vortex seems unable to find my Borderlands 2 exe. I have tried changed its name., moved the folder, checked validity, and reinstalled both the game and Vortex. I dont really know what else i could try. unless bl2 is no longer being supported. any help?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I installed vortex, imported my 200+ mods, and now it crashes immediately upon startup. I can't do anything. It's toast. No biggie, I'll just go back to NMM. Oh wait, except I can't update any of my mods because I'm locked out from downloading anything with NMM. Thanks nexus....

So my Vortex seems unable to find my Borderlands 2 exe. I have tried changed its name., moved the folder, checked validity, and reinstalled both the game and Vortex. I dont really know what else i could try. unless bl2 is no longer being supported. any help?

Guys; This is the "Announcements" forum.

For help with Vortex, please use the Vortex Support subforum, one of several Vortex forums.

• 2 weeks later...
In response to post #64234081.

elibugi12 wrote: finally!
been using vortex for about a month now and it is amazing!
much more stable then nmm and mo2
uses virtual install and sort load order by itself so loot is not needed anymore as well.

Are you saying that Vortex cleans dirty mods automatically also?

In response to post #64234081.

elibugi12 wrote: finally!

been using vortex for about a month now and it is amazing!

much more stable then nmm and mo2

uses virtual install and sort load order by itself so loot is not needed anymore as well.

Are you saying that Vortex cleans dirty mods automatically also?

No, he's saying that there's no need to sort the load order anymore.

I've never heard of LOOT automatically cleaning mods.

At first I wanted to give this a go, but I haven't been able to play modded skyrim (oldrim or SE, the only games i really use these for) with this thing since it came out. No matter what I do, it crashes, sometimes before I'm even able to start a new game. Half the time it gives me false errors (IE claiming a mod that is dependency is not installed, when it is installed and is active), then the other half it's quietly refusing to activate all my plugins. These aren't issues I had with the mod manager or mod organizer. I don't even know where to start with it, it's useless.

Is there anyplace left to download NMM? I made the mistake of uninstalling it a while back.

In response to post #66844991.

tiy991 wrote: So, I installed vortex, imported my 200+ mods, and now it crashes immediately upon startup. I can't do anything. It's toast. No biggie, I'll just go back to NMM. Oh wait, except I can't update any of my mods because I'm locked out from downloading anything with NMM. Thanks nexus....

Yea, I haven't managed a single playable profile with this thing. It's sorta ridiculous.