182 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442,314 posts
Challenging Spell Learning

Turns spell learning into a 10 second magical trial with trial difficulty proportional to the cost of the spell. Pass the trial and you learn the spell. Fail and you suffer the consequences.

Battleninja30003

Battleninja30003

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 42 posts
This looks decent! Do you lose the tome if you fail to learn the spell?

tjhm4

tjhm4

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,833 posts
In response to post #64340256.

Spoiler

Nope, the tomes last forever

RogueMage

RogueMage

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
As I saw the video I got a little hyped. I play with a lot of spell mods though: Apocalypse, Forgotten Magic, Lost Grimoire and with Ordinator. The most people playing this since 2011 are probably using at least one spell mod. Is there no way to make this universal like 'Spell Learning'? Nice work though. Love the immersion.

tjhm4

tjhm4

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,833 posts
In response to post #64341296.

Spoiler

I値l take a look at spell learning and see if I can borrow it痴 trick. That said, patch making is pretty quick, about 20s per tome, so maybe I値l put a few together this week.

Edited by tjhm4, 13 October 2018 - 04:46 PM.

agentw

agentw

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 355 posts
As I understand, based on looking at the mod in xedit, I can just copy the script and change the targeted spell to make a patch for other spell mods?

RogueMage

RogueMage

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
In response to post #64341296. #64341566 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

That would be great :D

tjhm4

tjhm4

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,833 posts
In response to post #64341641.

Spoiler

Yes. You also need to remove the vanilla flag making it a spell tome. If you do make patches feel free to send them my way - I値l happily host them on the mod page

TheAwesomeTRex

TheAwesomeTRex

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
I don't wanna be that guy! You know the guy just doesn't let other people enjoy stuff in peace, or himself for that matter! But man can I see things going very wrong at certain points! As in CTDs with other mods.....or even worse crippling slow downs! I'm sorry to have to say this, but man have I had some bad experiences with mods that seemingly change so very little, but effect so very much like, the very game performance.
I won't name any names due to the fact that some of the mistakes are on my end, but still some others are literally impossible for casual players, or even advanced players to predict!
So I'm gonna try something different and ask the mod creator himself!

Sir have you done any testing for this mod and what are your experiences with it?
With respect a very a disillusioned individual! *insert sad face of your choosing here*

Edited by TheAwesomeTRex, 13 October 2018 - 05:24 PM.

tjhm4

tjhm4

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,833 posts
In response to post #64343176.

Spoiler

I have tested this mod, yes, and I have had zero issues. I can think of no reasons why this mod would cause CTDs or slow downs, with or without any other mods. It is very light weight and minimally interacts with the base game. Do you have any specific concerns with this mod in particular?

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.977 seconds