mod uploads without permission

Posted Image

ritchieblackmore

ritchieblackmore

Resident poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,194 posts
Zumindest wird auf 3DMGAME erwähnt das du der Autor der Mod bist und sich dort kein anderer mit fremden Federn schmückt. Das ist doch wenigstens etwas Positives an der ganzen Sache.

nervod1138

nervod1138

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts
Its bound to happen. There is so many mods sites now and there is no way to keep track of them all. Most of my mods I just tell people I dont care where you load them to. Just credit me and know I will not be maintaining mods on other sites besides Nexus.

xrayy

xrayy

blessed

• Premium Member
  • 5,312 posts
In response to post #66395966.

Spoiler

ja stimmt, nicht ganz so dreist als auf einigen anderen sites ;) aber es ist frech nach bereits erfolgter absprache und löschung von coco jetzt katarina zu hosten. ich hatte mit den admins dort kontakt und gebeten die uploads meiner dateien zu löschen und angeboten einen link zu setzen. anscheinend interessiert das nach ein paar Tagen niemanden mehr dort obwohl ich für die ganz dummen es inzwischen bei fast jeder mod sogar in die beschreibung hineingepackt habe.
ich habe auch ganz sicher wirklich niemanden gebeten veraltete backups von meinen mods anzulegen bzw. zu veröffentlichen. :(
update: leider zu früh gefreut: es wurden noch mehr mods von mir auf der seite hochgeladen. das ist wirklich das letzte! ich recherchier nicht mehr weiter ansonsten muss ich gleich aus meinem kellerfenster springen ;)

Edited by xrayy, 31 December 2018 - 01:34 PM.

docteure

docteure

Docco

• Premium Member
  • 3,204 posts
This is common for Chinese and Russian website. A user PM'ed me if he/she can re-upload my stuff to Russian website. I said why not just put the link, and then he/she explained that most Russian gamers can't understand English at all (or...maybe he exaggerated. dunno.) I also find some of my stuff on Chinese website but I don't care.

Anyway, I can feel you but this will likely keep happening...so don't let this affect you :)

xrayy

xrayy

blessed

• Premium Member
  • 5,312 posts
In response to post #66396321.

Spoiler

just tolerating this behaviour in this case is not the way for me. i clearly give no permission to upload my files on other sites. and there is more than one good reason for that! i care for what i do. i understand that some people do not speak english. so why do people upload duplicate files without authorization instead of describing the mod in their native language and how to download it on nexusmods ? it is a mess if a bunch of old mod copies is floating around instead of using a link to the original up to date site.

Edited by xrayy, 01 January 2019 - 10:15 AM.

xrayy

xrayy

blessed

• Premium Member
  • 5,312 posts
In response to post #66396131.

Spoiler

modding is a fun thing for me. no one has to spend money on that. people are free to do with my mods whatever they want - for their private purposes!
selling, advertising or duplicating my files for internet distribution are obviously not a kind of private use and it is against my download permissions and personal wishes. no one has the legal right to simply ignore this and to generate a mess by distributing out of date copies of my work and the included work of others for download on any site.

Edited by xrayy, 31 December 2018 - 11:27 AM.

zipzip

zipzip

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
I, as an end user, can understand you. unfortunately the thieves are always present. Although Skyrim is a very old game, I still enjoy playing Skyrim with you and other mod creators constantly adding something new to this game. I respect all the mod creators, and I hope that such depressed situations do not destroy your creativity.

ajhardy

ajhardy

Idiot Savant

• Premium Member
  • 5,720 posts
China has no laws to prevent this. It also does not have a culture that sees it as wrong. Please, I am not saying it is okay or even excusing this. This is just an explanation of why it is happening and knowing why something is happening rarely makes one feel better. It is helpful though. Skyrim is a worldwide phenomena and this is bound to happen when you produce a good product. I am truly sorry this is happening to you.

xrayy

xrayy

blessed

• Premium Member
  • 5,312 posts
In response to post #66399176. #66400021, #66400196, #66400621, #66400966, #66401111, #66403611, #66415896 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

thank you for your feedback. i don't want to put all people of one nation under general suspicion and i don't think any known high culture allows to act as a thieve or ignore a clear ban. i just wanted to bring this insane case to public because it is the second time for me this site tolerated stolen uploads of my mods after deleting the first.
i can wait a few month and then close my account - nobody would care because all my mods will be downloadable and endorsable on another site. maybe this is the best olution ? i will think about it. ;)

Edited by xrayy, 25 January 2019 - 08:30 PM.

Page loaded in: 0.970 seconds