I know that lots of our users do not always see all the site news that gets posted so I am reposting the job information, just in case it catches the eye of the exact right person at the exact right time! Here is the job specification:
We are looking for an experienced front end developer to join our website development team at our offices in Exeter, UK for our main website, Nexus Mods.
Your role will be to work alongside our back end developers and dedicated designer to deliver high quality, responsive front ends using the latest frameworks and standards. You will become an important part of a team where every opinion is welcomed.
If you like implementing cool new features and making sleek user interfaces and want to showcase your work to a large and engaging audience then this is the job for you!
We are looking for someone who is keen to learn and flexible in their approach to problem-solving. You will need production experience working with HTML/CSS/JS (with at least one front end framework e.g. Vue, React, Angular) and working knowledge of version control.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience working with both a UI/UX designer and a back-end team to deliver exceptional sites and features, however, having the right attitude regarding learning and developing your skills is more important to us than your experience in this area.
This is not a junior role and so we are expecting to see a history of delivered and deployed projects.
You will need to either be a UK citizen or have a right to work in the UK in order to be eligible for this role, as we cannot provide visas at this time.
- Working with our back end developers to implement new features.
- Working with the entire web team to design new features and functionality.
- Participating in team meetings.
- Keeping track of your workflow using project management tools.
- Working with everyone at Nexus Mods to shape the future of our platform.
- This is a full-time office-based position from our offices in Exeter, UK, to be worked Monday to Friday, 40 hours a week.
- We will offer a competitive market-rate salary dependent on your level.
- We will provide high spec hardware for you to work from in the office.
- For the right candidates, we may be able to assist with relocation expenses and logistics.
- Expert at CSS, HTML and JS.
- Production experience with at least one full JS front end framework.
- At least 2 years working in front end development.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written (English).
- Right to work in the UK
- Experience or knowledge of video games not required, but you will enjoy the job even more if you like video games!
Nexus Mods is an Alexa Top 750 website with a userbase of over 16 million users and serving over 1.5 billion pageviews a year. Working on such a popular site can be challenging, but rewarding, with a userbase that is very loyal and very vocal!
Due to the popularity of the site we try and work on the cutting edge of technology. If you are interested or excited by the latest advances in software and technology then you'll love working for us. We have a strong focus on researching new and upcoming tech and are always keen to explore new ways of improving the sites and services we provide through innovative means.
We are based in the heart of Exeter, a 15 minute walk away from Exeter Central station and 5 minutes from the main high street with all its shops, restaurants and the beautiful cathedral grounds.
We offer flexible working hours, provided you are in the office during the core hours of 10am and 3.30pm. The office environment is very casual, with plenty of lighthearted chat to break up the day, regular eating out, breaks that involve games and so on and so forth.
If interested, please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]