Screenshot Community Event: Thank you for participating!

BigBizkit

Two weeks ago, we launched our first Screenshot Community Event giving everyone the opportunity to submit a screenshot for Skyrim, Skyrim SE, Enderal, Fallout 4, and Fallout 76 depicting the event theme "Conflict and Struggle" and potentially win one of three prizes.

The turnout has been great and we are happy to say that dozens of screenarchers - newcomers and veterans alike - have entered the event. We all - that is the Nexus Mods team as well as our co-hosts for the event: Excellentium and napoleonofthestump - have been blown away by the sheer outpour of creativity we have seen from our screenshot community over these past two weeks!

We thank you all for participating in the event and for your contributions - be it your entries or just encouraging comments and feedback in the image share.

Please note that as of 04:00 PM (GMT) today, the contest entry form is now closed and that participants cannot edit their entries any longer.

During the next week, we will be picking 15 shots from 15 artists for the jury selection. Once that is done, keep your eyes peeled for a final news post concluding the event.

The three prizes will then be awarded at random: one £25 Steam Gift card will go to a random participant, two separate gift cards will be given to two different artists from the jury selection.

In the meantime, feel free to browse through the event related image category for Skyrim, Skyrim SE, Enderal, Fallout 4, and Fallout 76 and take a look at all the amazing screenshots and sets created by the community.

Thank you all!

Oh it already ended? I was going to pick one of my shots from Skyrim i have here to enter in the event but forgot to do so.... and i am not playing it right now, so it is fine for me.

Congrats to everyone involved and it was a really nice idea, i hope to see more contests, with or without prizes (and if so, a random prize is the best option, even if it is a copy of a random game or something like this). Being picky with the rules and separating people is not a good choice and i am glad you went the 'fair' way.

Nothing will ever be perfect, as we are dealing with people, but i guess everything went as smooth as it could, even with some adversities.

Thanks and, well, good luck everyone! :)

So... what happened? I don't see the 3 Fallout 4 images I submitted... I triple checked that I followed the instructions. Did you change them halfway through? I submitted mine very early in the competition.

Edit: I have email confirmation and everything.

Edited by 09jlardinois

In response to post #69101401.

09jlardinois wrote: So... what happened? I don't see the 3 Fallout 4 images I submitted... I triple checked that I followed the instructions. Did you change them halfway through? I submitted mine very early in the competition.

I suppose you entered your information and a link to the screenshot you uploaded here to Nexus, right?
You say you uploaded 3 FO4 images, and you could only submit one, so i think you are talking about the images you uploaded here on Nexus images, right?
And if you are saying that you can't see them, maybe it is because you didn't upload them in the event category at first, but to the usual categories (aesthetic etc).

If it is so, there is no problem at all. They created the event category and there was no info about it (as far as i remember), so not everyone knew there was a specific cateegory for it. What is important in question of prize is that you submitted your screenshot, not the category it is in.
Maybe now it would be interesting, in a new event, to create the category and link it so everyone would know where to upload the images specific for the event.

*edit: i see here, your screenshots are all in the "Misc" category. Edited by Di3sIrae

No worries. If you sent in a shot via the entry form, it will be in the draw.

The links above link to the event category. Not every entry has been put in the proper category by their authors, but we did not make it a requirement, in case people forget.

The important thing is that you filled out the entry form. I just checked and your entries are on the list.

In response to post #69101401. #69102761, #69102896, #69102901 are all replies on the same post.

09jlardinois wrote: So... what happened? I don't see the 3 Fallout 4 images I submitted... I triple checked that I followed the instructions. Did you change them halfway through? I submitted mine very early in the competition.

Di3sIrae wrote: I suppose you entered your information and a link to the screenshot you uploaded here to Nexus, right?
You say you uploaded 3 FO4 images, and you could only submit one, so i think you are talking about the images you uploaded here on Nexus images, right?
And if you are saying that you can't see them, maybe it is because you didn't upload them in the event category at first, but to the usual categories (aesthetic etc).

If it is so, there is no problem at all. They created the event category and there was no info about it (as far as i remember), so not everyone knew there was a specific cateegory for it. What is important in question of prize is that you submitted your screenshot, not the category it is in.
Maybe now it would be interesting, in a new event, to create the category and link it so everyone would know where to upload the images specific for the event.

*edit: i see here, your screenshots are all in the "Misc" category.
BigBizkit wrote: No worries. If you sent in a shot via the entry form, it will be in the draw.

The links above link to the event category. Not every entry has been put in the proper category by their authors, but we did not make it a requirement, in case people forget.

The important thing is that you filled out the entry form. I just checked and your entries are on the list.
BigBizkit wrote: No worries. If you sent in a shot via the entry form, it will be in the draw.

Edit: BigBizkit and I were typing at the same time, lmao! It makes sense now. I have no reason to worry, my mistake. I feel relieved! And poor comment typing on my part.

Original message (in reply to first comment).
Yeah, I remember they added a category, but someone asked about it and they said that it wasn't required for this context, but would be for future contests. If they changed that rule halfway through, that's unfair. I also checked many, many times on whether or not I could submit one or more per game, and there was nothing written or stated that gave me any clue towards either answer, so I originally submitted one, and then I changed my submission to three.

The rules never clarified how many you could submit, only how many could win in each game, so that was pretty unclear too. This really sucks.

My submission all checks out information and link wise.

It's pretty unfair -- I unknowingly disqualified myself because I was trying to do the right thing and submit my photos early on in the competition and not procrastinate. And it cost me, because the rules changed partway through without any notice. I had two weeks to update my submission accordingly, but no idea that I had to. Whatever rule changes occurred were not made known. It would have taken me less than 3 minutes to make a qualifying submission based on the changes, so difficulty or time is not a factor - it's just poor communication.

I feel pretty cheated, to be honest. I guess that's the last time I try to be responsible and get things done early. Edited by 09jlardinois

In response to post #69101401. #69102761, #69102896, #69102901, #69103056 are all replies on the same post.

Di3sIrae wrote: I suppose you entered your information and a link to the screenshot you uploaded here to Nexus, right?

09jlardinois wrote: Edit: BigBizkit and I were typing at the same time, lmao! It makes sense now. I have no reason to worry, my mistake. I feel relieved! And poor comment typing on my part.

Yeah, I remember they added a category, but someone asked about it and they said that it wasn't required for this context, but would be for future contests. If they changed that rule halfway through, that's unfair. I also checked many, many times on whether or not I could submit one or more per game, and there was nothing written or stated that gave me any clue towards either answer, so I originally submitted one, and then I changed my submission to three.

The rules never clarified how many you could submit, only how many could win in each game, so that was pretty unclear too. This really sucks.

It's pretty unfair -- I unknowingly disqualified myself because I was trying to do the right thing and submit my photos early on in the competition and not procrastinate. And it cost me, because the rules changed partway through without any notice. I had two weeks to update my submission accordingly, but no idea that I had to. Whatever rule changes occurred were not made known. It would have taken me less than 3 minutes to make a qualifying submission based on the changes, so difficulty or time is not a factor - it's just poor communication.

I feel pretty cheated, to be honest. I guess that's the last time I try to be responsible and get things done early.

That makes a lot of sense. Sorry about the confusion. Also, if it helps for future competitions, the reason I didn't change my category after submission was I was afraid it would break the links. I wasn't sure how Nexus' link generation worked.

And in hindsight, I just realized I could have edited my submission anyway... whoops.

In response to post #69101401. #69102761, #69102896, #69102901, #69103056, #69103136 are all replies on the same post.

09jlardinois wrote: Edit: BigBizkit and I were typing at the same time, lmao! It makes sense now. I have no reason to worry, my mistake. I feel relieved! And poor comment typing on my part.

I feel pretty cheated, to be honest. I guess that's the last time I try to be responsible and get things done early.
09jlardinois wrote: That makes a lot of sense. Sorry about the confusion. Also, if it helps for future competitions, the reason I didn't change my category after submission was I was afraid it would break the links. I wasn't sure how Nexus' link generation worked.

And in hindsight, I just realized I could have edited my submission anyway... whoops.

hah i'm sorry my english is not the best. I was trying to understand what happened and also tell you that there was no problem at all, and everything that matters is that you submitted the link. I talk too much! Most times, less is more! My bad!