• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441,745 posts
SOverhaulSOverhaul Mod was a personal (unfinished) project to overhaul Unreal 2 in
various ways, ranging from graphics, content modifications and additions,
restoration of cut content and ending on gameplay mechanic adjustments.

Absovec

Absovec

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
This is EXACTLY what this game needed - speed up, so adding actual sprint is a really good addition. So, you're not planning to continue it at all?

skacikpl

skacikpl

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
In response to post #70911063.

Spoiler

I feel like it does most of what i wanted it to.

Other changes would require repackaging each level to do stuff like adding cut weapons, increasing shadowmaps and water quality and such.
Unlike script changes it's really time consuming and would increase download size probably about 5 times.

Axel91vc

Axel91vc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I like this mod, especially weapon recoil and sprint,

I would like to make my own custom mod for fun, change some scripts (change weapon model FOV, etc), but i can't understand how to recompile .uc scripts, i exported them with unrealEd, and i can modify the .uc files, when I try to recompile for example U2Weapons.u or Engine.u, there is always errors with UCC about object properties for textures.

Did you had problems like this? Have you used a tutorial? It seems that there is almost no tutorials for Unreal 2

Thanks for reading and for the mod too  :happy:

skacikpl

skacikpl

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
In response to post #71963553.

Spoiler

You cannot recompile Engine.u

Axel91vc

Axel91vc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

In response to post #71963553.

Spoiler
You cannot recompile Engine.u

Okay so I need to create my own .u file?

Can it override some properties?

skacikpl

skacikpl

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
In response to post #72037803.

Spoiler

You can override most scripts and recompile their "banks" just fine. There is just couple of banks like Engine that cannot be recompiled because they require some .dll linking to recompile properly (or so i remember, i haven't touched this in about 6 months now).

IIRC default compile option will just compile banks that had their source scripts changed so as long as you don't modify anything within ones that cannot be recompiled it should work fine.

Axel91vc

Axel91vc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Ok thanks, do you think I can recompile U2Weapons? I tried to but there is errors about default properties and texture files that I can normally extract so I don't thinks those textures are a problem, I can extract them manually, but for the other it's seems that there is some classes missing that prevent the file to be fully compiled, I don't know if those classes are in other .u files or if they aren't extracted but normally they must have been extracted when I export them with UnrealEd.

I'll keep trying until it works and hopefully I can understand this  :laugh:

rataje

rataje

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts
Not working! :'(
Splash Screen and Error
Spoiler

Edited by rataje, 15 February 2020 - 10:23 AM.

skacikpl

skacikpl

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
In response to post #77532098.

Spoiler

Your base game version might differ from the one the mod was made for or you installed the mod incorrectly.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.027 seconds