Vortex Support added: Sekiro, Resident Evil 2 (2019), and more!

BigBizkit

Good news for our Sekiro, Resident Evil 2 (2019), Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines, Dawn of Man, and Surviving Mars communities!

As of version 0.18.5, our new mod manager Vortex now supports modding for all of the above games meaning you can use Vortex to mod 59 different games total.

Moreover, multi-variant mods - that’s mods that give you multiple options, such as different colours for armour replacers etc. - for many games, including the above (with the exception of Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines), can make use of mod installers when used together with Vortex.

In a nutshell, mod installers add a convenient menu to the mod installation that allows you to pick and choose the options you want. This is convenient for users, but also for mod authors because it means that you will only need to pack and maintain one file on your mod page, rather than providing, maintaining, and updating many different options.

Example: Hat Pack for Sekiro by ZullieTheWitch

93729-1558952970-541783997.jpeg?

93729-1558952973-1717051411.jpeg

Mod installers are a viable option for many different games: from most Bethesda games (The Elder Scrolls and Fallout) to Monster Hunter: World, Sekiro, or Resident Evil 2 (2019).

For anyone who is interested in making their own mod installers, we have written up a brief wiki article covering the creation process which is simplified thanks to a community-made tool.

With that being said, feel free to try out Vortex, view our documentation, or ask any questions you might have in our Vortex Support Forums directly.

Happy modding!

In response to post #70433683.

Niborino9409 wrote: Would it be possible to stop the "X game added" notifications? I don't care about many of the games. Those I do care about I have set as favorites. :yes:

You can change the setting in your account area under "updates".

In response to post #70433683. #70434058 is also a reply to the same post.

Niborino9409 wrote: Would it be possible to stop the "X game added" notifications? I don't care about many of the games. Those I do care about I have set as favorites. :yes:
Pickysaurus wrote: You can change the setting in your account area under "updates".

Ah, found it! Thank you! :D

Now you just need to let me sort my load order manually and rename any mod whatever I want in any category. Until those basic features that have been in NMM for years are part of this, I see no reason to switch. I mean no disrespect and I know how much hard work this must be, but these are basic things we already had and they seem to be things left out only out of spite and not demand or practicality imho.

In response to post #70445933.

Loveblanket wrote: Now you just need to let me sort my load order manually and rename any mod whatever I want in any category. Until those basic features that have been in NMM for years are part of this, I see no reason to switch. I mean no disrespect and I know how much hard work this must be, but these are basic things we already had and they seem to be things left out only out of spite and not demand or practicality imho.

you can sort your load order manually, you can even put in new categories and sort where you want those categories to load compared to the other ones. This is just a matter of learning how you need to do it in vortex.

In response to post #70445933. #70451428 is also a reply to the same post.

Loveblanket wrote: Now you just need to let me sort my load order manually and rename any mod whatever I want in any category. Until those basic features that have been in NMM for years are part of this, I see no reason to switch. I mean no disrespect and I know how much hard work this must be, but these are basic things we already had and they seem to be things left out only out of spite and not demand or practicality imho.
siddinwolfsbane wrote: you can sort your load order manually, you can even put in new categories and sort where you want those categories to load compared to the other ones. This is just a matter of learning how you need to do it in vortex.

I understand how to do it in Vortex, I just see no reason to add multiple steps instead of just letting me slide the thing where I want it. Speaking in engineering terms, development is supposed to make tasks easier, not more complex. It's nice to have the deeper functionality of Vortex system, but there's no reason not to just let us slide the things around as we do in NMM. Don't get me wrong, the manual load order thing I can live with, the renaming thing I can't. I have used my own categories through changing the mod name for years so I can easily find what I'm looking for. I'm way too OCD to change that now. I appreciate the response though and I do experiment with Vortex from time to time hoping these features will get in someday. Cheers!

In response to post #70445933. #70451428, #70464558 are all replies on the same post.

siddinwolfsbane wrote: you can sort your load order manually, you can even put in new categories and sort where you want those categories to load compared to the other ones. This is just a matter of learning how you need to do it in vortex.
Loveblanket wrote: I understand how to do it in Vortex, I just see no reason to add multiple steps instead of just letting me slide the thing where I want it. Speaking in engineering terms, development is supposed to make tasks easier, not more complex. It's nice to have the deeper functionality of Vortex system, but there's no reason not to just let us slide the things around as we do in NMM. Don't get me wrong, the manual load order thing I can live with, the renaming thing I can't. I have used my own categories through changing the mod name for years so I can easily find what I'm looking for. I'm way too OCD to change that now. I appreciate the response though and I do experiment with Vortex from time to time hoping these features will get in someday. Cheers!

It won't happen, this has been asked since day one, and as you can see the developers don't care and find it unneeded.

In response to post #70445933. #70451428, #70464558, #70474048 are all replies on the same post.

Loveblanket wrote: I understand how to do it in Vortex, I just see no reason to add multiple steps instead of just letting me slide the thing where I want it. Speaking in engineering terms, development is supposed to make tasks easier, not more complex. It's nice to have the deeper functionality of Vortex system, but there's no reason not to just let us slide the things around as we do in NMM. Don't get me wrong, the manual load order thing I can live with, the renaming thing I can't. I have used my own categories through changing the mod name for years so I can easily find what I'm looking for. I'm way too OCD to change that now. I appreciate the response though and I do experiment with Vortex from time to time hoping these features will get in someday. Cheers!
JoseSnake wrote: It won't happen, this has been asked since day one, and as you can see the developers don't care and find it unneeded.

You just need to break the bad habits old mod managers have enforced for years. Vortex makes things easier by taking the obsessive load orders away from you. You can use groups to tweak things and rules if you want to be granular but if you work with Vortex rather than against it, the experience is easier overall.

You can add/rename categories yourself too, here's the documentation about it https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Category_Management

And if you double click on a mod you can rename it inside Vortex. Edited by Pickysaurus