Issues with Pay Pal payments over the past couple of weeks

Dark0ne

We've noticed an increase in support tickets recently related to payments failing when attempting to purchase Supporter or Premium Membership on the site. This issue seems to have only affected a small subset of people who have purchased membership through Pay Pal, but it's important I get the word out so these users are not out of pocket or out of membership they legitimately paid for on the site.

The issue was caused by a communication error between Pay Pal's services and our services. We've put a fix in place and will be monitoring the situation closely over the coming weeks.

If you've purchased Supporter or Premium Membership from us over the past two weeks, please verify that your membership is working properly. Similarly, if your payment "failed" for whatever reason, and you tried to purchase the membership again, please double check to make sure you were not double charged. If you find any issues or anomalies related to your purchase do not hesitate to contact me, providing any pertinent details, and I will get to the bottom of it as soon as possible. If you already sent in a support ticket over the weekend, I'll be taking a look at them right now.

Our paid memberships are extremely important to us and the continued existence of the sites, so please rest assured any issues will be looked into seriously, reimbursed where necessary and compensated accordingly.

Great to know! I'm planning to likely get premium over the next month or so, may be likely to use PayPal

In response to post #71749438.

reptileye wrote: In other news, we are not making a profit we swear!

Said no one on this site, ever.

How dare you try and run a business that provides a valuable service to its customers AND makes a profit AND hires paid staff AND runs all kinds of fun prize events! For shame!

/heavysarcasm

FWIW, I still think Nexus got the short end of the stick on this sweet lifetime premium thing I got a few years back, lord knows how many mods I downloaded since that time at high speed, but thanks for all the fish bandwidth and fun :)

In response to post #71749438. #71760963 is also a reply to the same post.

reptileye wrote: In other news, we are not making a profit we swear!
Dark0ne wrote: Said no one on this site, ever.

You got something against profit? People who provide a service (that you apparently find valuable in some way, evidenced by your presence here) getting paid?