Once you've given yourself some time to adjust to the new design, we'd love to hear your thoughts. You can leave feedback by clicking the link to the Google survey just below the new navigation.
Site Design Survey Results and Focus Groups
It's been a few months since we asked for your thoughts in our Site Design Survey and you've provided a load of excellent feedback for us to really sink our teeth into. Thank you!
Overall the comments were positive. You told us some of the reasons you love Nexus Mods and gave constructive criticism on the things we could do better. Here are just a few statements pulled from the results:
- Only 43% of users said they visit Nexus Mods from a mobile device, with an average review of 6 out of 10. We'll be looking into the improvements and feature suggestions you sent in while working on our new designs for mobile.
- When searching the site, around a third of you say that you sometimes resort to using an external search engine rather than the one built into the website. We also noted some really good feedback as to where our current search can be improved.
- A lot of you really miss Mod of the Month being prominently shown on game homepages. We'll be looking into bringing it back into the spotlight in future revisions.
- Many users have requested the ability to add more games to their favourites tab.
- Users have also requested a better way of keeping track of their favourite content.
Introducing our new front end developer
For a long time, we've been unable to give the front end of the website the time and resources it deserves. This year we have made it a priority to improve this with the aim of delivering a much better experience across the entire site. This is no mean feat for a design project the size and importance of Nexus Mods and we wanted to hire someone to work very closely with our designer to implement new designs and functionality to bring the website to life. I am privileged to introduce the newest addition to the Nexus Mods team, themagickoala.
Hi, I'm Rory, aka themagickoala. I started at Nexus Mods in June as the new front end developer. Since then I've been hard at work on the redesign, starting with this new beta release. Some fun facts about me:
- I used to work in cybersecurity, but switched to web dev because I liked looking at the pretty pictures I made;
- I've also worked in predictive analysis and in the automotive tech industry;
- I am literally a koala.
This is just the beginning of a much larger project. Our beta section will be running alongside the current Nexus Mods site. This will give us the opportunity to share new features and designs with you. When we are happy that we have developed the core features of the site, we will review all of your feedback and look at releasing beta. This will be announced well before the full release to ensure we have covered users feedback.
The next release will feature a new login and registration system. Once this goes live, users will be required to update their passwords. More news will be announced when we’re closer to releasing the feature.
What do you think of the new look? Let us know in the comments below.