• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148,850 posts
PurrplingMod

GoblinKnightLeo

GoblinKnightLeo

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 39 posts
This looks *really* cool, but I don't think this works narratively for anyone except Abigail. Haley would never agree to go out to fight monsters, barehanded or otherwise. I love the idea, but if you aren't going to limit this to Abigail you should consider releasing a different version with only Abigail. Or maybe just where Abigail is the only one who will help you fight.

I suppose Marlon should also be an option, but he'd be OP if there wasn't a requirement other than heart level (minimum Combat level, etc).

And I just realized how amazing this would be when used alongside the custom NPC Raphtalia.

Edited by [email protected], 22 October 2019 - 08:39 PM.

purrplingcat

purrplingcat

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
In response to post #74315098.

Spoiler

Hi,

Thank you for feedback. I know, contents for other NPC is poor right now. This version is in pre-alpha it in for preview or demo. I released it for collect some feedbacks and idea. I have a roadmap for this mod and I will be develop it to better and better mod. My roadmap is on Github here: https://github.com/purrplingcat/PurrplingMod/issues/7 Roadmap is open. Everyone can draft an idea to develop.

For fighting issues I plan to create a proffesions/temperament for NPCs. It will take a effect of Haley can't fighting, Harvey is medic, if you recruit him, then you can heald you and etc. It's on my roadmap and I plan to develop it. For non-bachelor/non-bacheloretes NPC I plan you can recruit then only in quest. It means If you accept an quest on Pierre's dashboard, yo can ask them for follow and go to an adventure for that quest.

For custom NPCs: In roadmap I have a point "Support ontent packs". If you want add your custom NPC to this mod in future, you can do it via add your content pack.

Thanks for you downloaded and beta-tested.

PurrplingCat

PS: If you have any idea or you want report a bug, you can create an issue on mod's github repository: https://github.com/purrplingcat/PurrplingMod/issues

Edited by purrplingcat, 22 October 2019 - 09:13 PM.

MelindaC

MelindaC

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,230 posts
I am going to load this to see if it's compatible with the Steve custom NPC mod. This seems like a great addition if it's compatible.

purrplingcat

purrplingcat

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
In response to post #74316383.

Spoiler

Hi,

custom NPCs is not supported yet. But I have it on my roadmap and in future you can add your custom NPC for support companion via Content Packs.

PurrplingCat

MelindaC

MelindaC

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,230 posts
In response to post #74316383. #74316528 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Yep I see potential. Good job!

desafinado56

desafinado56

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
This is quite a neat mod, i see a lot of potential from this however the english could use some improving, but thats the only negative i could find. Overall great job.

KarmaPowered

KarmaPowered

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
It's good to see this recent evolution of SDV mods, more aimed at companionship and adventure. This is something which the base game IMO lacks, and which keeps it from conquering the #1 place in my gamers' heart that Rune Factory currently owns for the genre.

I also have to thank you for keeping this open to custom NPCs and "mod modding" in the future. Since you seem to have a GIT, it's another positive to me, since it would mean that you intend to keep it open-source, which is always the better option for the mod to strive and to continue improving over time.

Going to follow this with interest. Thank you for creating and sharing your mod.

Edited by KarmaPowered, 23 October 2019 - 01:00 AM.

EmissaryOfInfinity

EmissaryOfInfinity

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,499 posts
I'm eager to see how this competes with the "Companion NPCs" mod that was uploaded some time ago. That mod quickly got into promising shape, and is a bit more refined than yours, but it seems like you're planning to add more features and complexity than Companion NPCs did. Given time, you may just beat them as the de facto companion mod.

rowanwolf22

rowanwolf22

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I'm definitely curious about how you take this since someone already began making a mod like this a few months ago, the Companion NPCs mod? I'm very curious to see the differences between the two mods for sure. Looking forward to see how this develops and the differences that it will show.

( https://www.nexusmod...alley/mods/3175 is the link to the Companion NPC mod for reference, since it would be interesting to see you do something a little different to that mod.)

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.195 seconds