Project Spotlight: Daggerfall Unity

BigBizkit

In response to post #75165193. #75251503, #75274488, #75983278 are all replies on the same post.

CoolRahman wrote: Anyone remembers Daggerfall had nudity without mod?... later they censored it for future sequels?!! why?!!!
Lapada wrote: It was the early 90's
Good ol' 90's...
cdubz516 wrote: It sure was...
CoolRahman wrote: i miss 90's :/....

Hot coffee happened
ESRB happened along with games not being sold in major sales point if they got the AO rating
Not blaming game rating systems per se btw. Without them it’s likely that those ratings would have been replaced by strong regulations killing any ability to have game with even a “mature” tone. As the debate then was mostly people seeing games as kid toys vs the ones seeing it as a new media (ESRB is closer to the latter trying to keep the former calm)
but those things also meant that no studio with broad market ambitions could risk reduce their sales by putting a nip. Did you notice that most games with nudity came from non NA publisher/developers. that’s because ratings are different in those regions so publishers will be more open to have those.

In response to post #75109628. #75110663 is also a reply to the same post.

AdriensAlibi wrote: Am I the only one who can't get the DaggerfallSetup method to work? I click the link on the download (this: https://wiwiki.wiwiland.net/index.php?title=Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN ) page and I get a 404 error every time. Is it somewhere else? I really want to try this.
AdriensAlibi wrote: Figured it out. You have to go to the french version of the page that has a newer .exe

Link to the French page?

• 3 weeks later...
In response to post #74727003. #74730663, #74732413, #74805273, #74827138 are all replies on the same post.

Outlawhurdle wrote: Character models need work.

and there's tiddies in the first 15s of the video, that's the real reason it's here - nexus knows its client base
audixas wrote: This comment really shows how you know nothing about Daggerfall.
DtheHun wrote: There are no models. Those are 2D sprites, faithful to Daggerfall.
Bloodinfested wrote: The video isn't a full demonstration of all mods, there is a HD npc sprite mod.
cicala wrote: All of the commenters here are complete numbskulls. Go to bed.

"This comment really shows how you know nothing about Daggerfall."

Uh yeah, genius, what he's saying is that since everything else is 3D modeled, the fact the NPCs are still those 2D Doom sprites is all the more jarring than they were in the 90's.

• 1 month later...
In response to post #74727003. #74730663, #74732413, #74805273, #74827138, #76737858 are all replies on the same post.

and there's tiddies in the first 15s of the video, that's the real reason it's here - nexus knows its client base
DtheHun wrote: There are no models. Those are 2D sprites, faithful to Daggerfall.
Bloodinfested wrote: The video isn't a full demonstration of all mods, there is a HD npc sprite mod.
androidfan1981 wrote:

Uh yeah, genius, what he's saying is that since everything else is 3D modeled, the fact the NPCs are still those 2D Doom sprites is all the more jarring than they were in the 90's.

The character models are the same as it was in the original

And the tiddies are present in the original, unmodded game aswell

• 1 month later...
In response to post #74727003. #74730663, #74732413, #74805273, #74827138, #76737858, #77823098 are all replies on the same post.

androidfan1981 wrote:

ghemon9 wrote: The character models are the same as it was in the original

The graphics weren't and aren't jarring.

I swear, no one under the age of 30 should play certain games.

• 4 weeks later...
In response to post #74727003. #74730663, #74732413, #74805273, #74827138, #76737858, #77823098, #78745078 are all replies on the same post.

androidfan1981 wrote:

ghemon9 wrote: The character models are the same as it was in the original

KruniacZioZio wrote: The graphics weren't and aren't jarring.

I swear, no one under the age of 30 should play certain games.

more jarring than they were in the 90's?

I hope you were born after the 2000's, because this comment made absolutely no sense to me and KruniacZioZio. Jarring is a word i'd use If I stumbled upon a lifeless body, not to describe a game I didn't like, which is a perfectly good opinion.