113 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443,432 posts
Level Cap Increaser Skill Workaround

This is a tweaked XML file for the level-up screen. You can now assign points past 100 and avoid using the console to exit the level-up screen.

No values past 100 are shown but the game does store the higher values. I set the level to 255. This is not meant to change the skill caps but let you use the level-up screen without using the console wh

IgnusDei

IgnusDei

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
so the points get spent but are essentially wasted?

golfman560

golfman560

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
No they aren't wasted, the points are spent and the skills work past 100, except the game never shows that they have gone past 100 (Yet if you did a print-out of the values through the game it would record past 100)

dexxtaa

dexxtaa

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
this is great~ simple and useful.

will the next release display higher values ingame?

(i cant wait til a gameplay mod comes out incorporating all these mods)

Sakatei

Sakatei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
will the next release display higher values ingame?

-Not from me I would say. Really all I changed was a check for displaying the increase skill arrow.

I am guessing that the game keeps track of skills over 100 but uses that value as the max. So maybe it is a var that can be found in a CS or it could be hardcoded somewhere. Hard to look without the tools.

Think of this as a patch until someone does something better. :-)

GothicSkull

GothicSkull

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have no idea how to install it, instead of the fact i only have Fallout_default.ini. that file maybe contains same word string but the rewrite did nothing and even in new game it didnt work.
is there no way you can make it an esp?

Edited by GothicSkull, 08 November 2008 - 12:33 PM.

Arntuuri

Arntuuri

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It doesn't work here :(
The + arrow still disappears when 100 is reached, and I do have bInvalidateOlderFiles set to 1 in Fallout.ini. Any thoughts?

Sakatei

Sakatei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I have no idea how to install it, instead of the fact i only have Fallout_default.ini. that file maybe contains same word string but the rewrite did nothing and even in new game it didnt work.
is there no way you can make it an esp?

-It is just an XML file, a plugin would not work. Make sure the menus folder is in your Fallout 3Data folder. The FALLOUT.INI file is in your documents folders. I do not know the exact location in Vista but XP is Documents and SettingsUser NameMy DocumentsMy GamesFallout3 folder.

It doesn't work here
The + arrow still disappears when 100 is reached, and I do have bInvalidateOlderFiles set to 1 in Fallout.ini. Any thoughts?

-Other then what I just mentioned you could check for an ArchiveInvalidation.txt file in the Fallout 3 game folder. If one is present then try adding the file in the same format as the other entries.

Magus87

Magus87

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 4 posts
"It doesn't work here

-Other then what I just mentioned you could check for an ArchiveInvalidation.txt file in the Fallout 3 game folder. If one is present then try adding the file in the same format as the other entries."

I have the same issue as well. I did modify the fallout.ini file to bInvalidateOlderFiles=1. I also added the line menus/levelup_menu.xml to my ArchiveInvalidation.txt.

Sakatei

Sakatei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I have the same issue as well. I did modify the fallout.ini file to bInvalidateOlderFiles=1. I also added the line menus/levelup_menu.xml to my ArchiveInvalidation.txt.

-I have found that it works for me without the ArchiveInvalidation.txt file being present as long as the ini is set to 1. When I put in an ArchiveInvalidation.txt file the game will crash on load unless the file structure is Datamenuslevelup_menu.xml. If I just put the menus folder without the Data one the game crashes.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.958 seconds