Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Aztez now FREE on the Epic Games store

BigBizkit

In response to post #77561163. #77564178, #77568343, #77571543 are all replies on the same post.

acaligiuri27 wrote: Hey I've done the fix in the pinned comment, I've gone in and checked the file locations and the mods are there in the correct place and yet not a single mod will work and I have absolutely no idea why.
Pickysaurus wrote: Which mods are you trying to use?

I tested a handful before posting that and they all appeared to work.
crashn2000 wrote: i have the same problem. I do the workaround, the mods are there in the "mods Folder" but they dont work ingame.

I try to use: "Unlimited Savings", "Durability Fix"; Lockpicking overhaul" and "Aiming Dot"
Pickysaurus wrote: Ok, so I'm not sure you gave me the correct mod names but here's my findings:

Bow Dot Reticle - https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/13?tab=description
This is not a "mod" it's a simple config file. If you double click the mod in Vortex and set the "modtype" to "dinput" it will install correctly.

Unlimited Saving - https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/1
This one is packed in an unexpected way. If you manually extract the PAK file and drag that into the "dropzone" at the bottom of Vortex it will be able to install it properly.

Durable weapons and armors - https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/262?tab=description
Installs fine.

Lockpicking Overhaul - https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/3
This one is also not packed in a way that will work properly with Vortex. I am pretty sure if you extract and rezip the "data" folder it will work as intended.

Thanks Pinkisaurus,

repacking the mods solves the problem!
all mods and the Bow Dot config file are working fine

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #77560588. #77574198, #77575033, #77578333 are all replies on the same post.

HadToRegister wrote: Welcome to the internet, where people will complain, attack, and argue over a formerly $69.99 game (Now $39.99), being offered for FREE.

Ridiculousness like this make me look forward to the next K-T Boundary event.

elpuertorro wrote: Welcome to the Internet where people learned that NOTHING IS FREE and there is ALWAYS a catch. ;)

ps: If someone misses this or wants the game DRM free and cheaper (when not free) GOG has it on sale $14.99 of their $29.99 "DRM FREE as games should be" normal price.
LegendM2 wrote: really thought that was gonna be an assassins creed quote
HadToRegister wrote:
elpuertorro
Welcome to the Internet where people learned that NOTHING IS FREE and there is ALWAYS a catch. ;)

And what, pray tell, is the "catch"?
Explain without donning a Foil Hat.

No need to explain, first line it's my opinion and like you... we all have one.
Second one it's well letting everyone know where they can get it with no DRM.
Keep throwing the fish line eventually someone will get the bait and keep you entertained. Enjoy your sunday ;)

In response to post #77560588. #77574198, #77575033, #77578333, #77580593 are all replies on the same post.

HadToRegister wrote: Welcome to the internet, where people will complain, attack, and argue over a formerly $69.99 game (Now $39.99), being offered for FREE.

Ridiculousness like this make me look forward to the next K-T Boundary event.

elpuertorro wrote: Welcome to the Internet where people learned that NOTHING IS FREE and there is ALWAYS a catch. ;)

ps: If someone misses this or wants the game DRM free and cheaper (when not free) GOG has it on sale $14.99 of their $29.99 "DRM FREE as games should be" normal price.
LegendM2 wrote: really thought that was gonna be an assassins creed quote
HadToRegister wrote:
elpuertorro
Welcome to the Internet where people learned that NOTHING IS FREE and there is ALWAYS a catch. ;)

And what, pray tell, is the "catch"?
Explain without donning a Foil Hat.
elpuertorro wrote: No need to explain, first line it's my opinion and like you... we all have one.
Second one it's well letting everyone know where they can get it with no DRM.
Keep throwing the fish line eventually someone will get the bait and keep you entertained. Enjoy your sunday ;)

elpuertorro
No need to explain

Ah, well, keep casting lines, maybe you'll get someone else to bite, but I'm done, as I'm not wasting my time with somebody who makes assertions without anything to back it up. Bye.

Made a copy of the Win64MasterMasterEpicPGO folder, renamed it into Win64 and threw it where the original two folders are. Not working, Vortex still gives an error claming it doesn't see the executable file when it's sitting there.

Any and all suggestions more then welcomed.

In response to post #77583658.

WaclawPL2 wrote: Made a copy of the Win64MasterMasterEpicPGO folder, renamed it into Win64 and threw it where the original two folders are. Not working, Vortex still gives an error claming it doesn't see the executable file when it's sitting there.

Any and all suggestions more then welcomed.

I just installed the mods manually

I find it very interesting to see an article like this on the Nexus. How many free games have been offered over the years by other gaming services, yet this is the first to hit the news section for this site?

In fact, KCD was first offered for free on GOG months ago, but that flew under the radar. In the last few days I've seen several other sites pushing this exact same deal.

Thanks, but no thanks. I will never use a service that resorts to the sleezy tactics Epic has employed. Not to mention their close ties to Tencent.

In response to post #77612873.

mindkiller316 wrote: I find it very interesting to see an article like this on the Nexus. How many free games have been offered over the years by other gaming services, yet this is the first to hit the news section for this site?

In fact, KCD was first offered for free on GOG months ago, but that flew under the radar. In the last few days I've seen several other sites pushing this exact same deal.

Thanks, but no thanks. I will never use a service that resorts to the sleezy tactics Epic has employed. Not to mention their close ties to Tencent.

I agree wholeheartedly, and that's why I'd urge caution in expressing that perfectly reasonable sentiment. It clearly gets a LOT of push back. Just scroll down and you'll see I speak from experience.