115 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,995,019 posts
MedsMod Audio Upgrade and Sound Replacement

Everything audio wise will be equalized and mixed properly as well as new sounds added.. The vanilla sounds in mw5... let's just say aren't that good. Upon further examination, it seems that yeah, some of the sounds that come with it are "meh". But, most of the reason why it sounds so dull is because of "meh" audio mixing. That's where I come in.

JimTaplin

JimTaplin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hey man, fellow muso here, this looks honestly awesome and I love the approach, but is it possible to run it alongside MW3015? Does it only affect the sound, and do I need to rename it to make it load after MW3015?

Thanks for the hard work dude

genericmeds

genericmeds

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
In response to post #81088043.

Spoiler

should be fine. mod manager will tell you if it conflicts. But as long as it doesn't affect alot of the sounds.

Maybe I'd put it first? It primarily affects master bus effects as well as aux bus affects. So even if ur using their sounds, it should still sort of improve it a lil.

Kh0rnz

Kh0rnz

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
Ey good to see you following through with your sound mod as well

genericmeds

genericmeds

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
In response to post #81088368.

Spoiler

aye.

Had to give it whirl!

I keep going back between mine and urs for a different flavour.

meanbluegreen

meanbluegreen

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 3 posts
This mod really does make the game more fun!!! Guns sound like.......GUNS, and the lasers have a resonance to them that make melting steel pure joy.
Thank you for your excellent, much needed know how.

genericmeds

genericmeds

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
In response to post #81094673.

Spoiler

Thank you man.

Exactly what I wanted. The proper audio treatment of this game. Extending it's life and making you want to play it more.

was fun. Will be more fun when I continue and push out the next phase soon =D

Edited by genericmeds, 20 May 2020 - 01:36 AM.

genericmeds

genericmeds

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
In response to post #81088043. #81088363 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Yeah I tried it with some other mods that even add weapons. It's fine. Altho some of their sounds are obviously not from this mod, there is like a 25% improvement of all sounds globally as I've also affected where all the sounds come out of.

So regardless of who or what sound, it should all pass through my choices of processing and gain some sort of control and dynamics with the others sounds.

* in theory.

m3talpig

m3talpig

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
Oh you had me at......It sounds like a nailgun underwater...... kudos to you sir and may your reign be long and fruitful....can't wait to see where this goes. sound has been the biggest let down with this game and some of the mods available have made attempts at sorting these problems some of them rather good, but a full overhaul was always what was needed.
Will follow this with great interest and if you need a tester for anything let me know.

genericmeds

genericmeds

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
In response to post #81095943.

Spoiler

yeah u wait till i get to the dropship dropping off jerks to kill u in-game sound.

That sounds like a lawnmower in a metal shipment box from at least 3999 yards away.

(really really really really distant sorta hum) Is that a blender next next door?

No it's the vanilla mw5 dropship coming in to pick u up.

Page loaded in: 0.939 seconds