Daedroth

Skolhamarr

This most have been inspiration for oblivion daedroth, the Spinsaurus.

http://prehistoricsillustrated.com/images_tm/spinosaurus_eagyptiacus.jpg

Could one take this image, make model that could be use in the game. New class of Daedroth, lurking in the depths of oblivion some how it made out of the gates into the realm. Much larger than it normal counter part, a bit primitive.

What are your thoughts on creators such as this? Would it lose it effect if you just make a Daedroth a little bigger and put sail on it....

This should probably go in the mod requests/suggestions. I do think it would be very cool. Running around in oblivion is a bit too easy, just swatting flae atronachs, the only real hardness comes with xivilai. I'd often thought 'Wouldn't it be damned cool if I walked around the corner and there was a giant dinosaur along the lines of a T-rex' but this is cooler than a T-rex. Someone must make this, and make it big.

I'm doing my best to learn what I need to do this, I'm getting close. When I know how I will be making an entire world filled with dinosaurs. I've made the world, I've got story and quest ideas, new races and have designed several new creatures as well as weapons and armor but I don't yet know how to texture them even though I can UV map them now. It's just a matter of time before you will be able to fight, hunt and kill all the prehistoric beasts you can handle. But I plan to make them tough, no swatting the little pests in Pellucidar. I want the player to see a creature along the road and think "Maybe I should go the other way."

Yes might have gone into the file request, but it seem some of those idea get lost. Just like in the Imperial Military complex idea, the black ops mod was born from that. Lets chat about this idea Creators focus of this topic, each creator having area or realm you would find it in.

woodland Gorgonopsid

ill have a do a research for another creator, would not be as normal as the t-rex

Down in black marsh, see this beast along the road side enough to make you want to take a swim. See it in the shivering isles.....

Exanimis, me and you are on the same page. Royal Huntsman that would give you contact for such beasts and reward you for said slaying of this beasts. Maybe not always gold, but items or skills that would help you with in times ahead.

Gorgonopsid was actually a proto dinosaur, not an actual dinosaur but still cool. I believe they were more of a dry land animal living mostly in plains and arid areas. The world was a much hotter and dryer place in their time. If I were going to place them in my mod though I'd probably place them in or near the swamps. Yes I have a huge swamp in my world. The ones I want to see in game are

parasaurolophus, (a herbovior and always my favorite), an Oviraptor (always the weirdest) and a Carnataurus (because he's a bad a$$) I also want saber tooth cats (Smiladon) Dire Wolves and a few of my own oddball creatures. I've collected fossils since I was twelve and I've always been fascinated with dinosaurs. I can't wait to see them in game. These will take all new animations and meshes built from scratch. something I am already learning to do.

Mr_Siika has made a Prehistoric Animals resource. It has mammoths and triceratops.

I know, I've seen it and he did an excellent job with them but I plan to have many more and hopefully with better colors. I love his triceratops but I don't care for his color choice. I'll probably use his resource but with better textures. Those are grazing animals and I need more predators.

I'm sure there's a T-Rex mod (or something very much like it) out there. Give it a few retextures and you got three different dino's...

There is the Growlfs Obliviosaurus Rex and I've already gotten permission to use it but it looks too much like a clanfear. Growlf told me himself that there is a problem with it and it "hovers" above the ground. I don't want to use a clanfear or their animations. I want each dino to be distinctive with their own attacks and personalities. Triceratops should be a gentile grazer as long as the player doesn't get too close and T-Rex should be vicious and attack on sight.

I could use one body and different heads but that wouldn't be very distinctive. If I'm going to go through the hours of building a body in blender then I should be willing to spend a few extra hours modifying that body for different species.

Archived