Fallout 4 - 2020 Ultimate FPS and Optimization Guide

Let's boost that fps, shalt we?

xTheRage

xTheRage

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
Thanks for this updated guide! gonna give it a shot once my new video card arrives.

Deadblot2

Deadblot2

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
In response to post #81771208.

Spoiler

Good to hear, hope it helps then.

Deadblot2

Deadblot2

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
Regarding mods I use:

If you're unsure, ask. I'll be happy to reply. However, most of my mods are custom made including my Raider Replacements, so if "custom mod" isn't the answer you're looking for then I'm very sorry kupo :(

Also here are the Discords which have armors and weapons that will definetly hold you over for awhile:

- ZARGE's Secret Lair

- FX's Discord, click the Discord Server button

- Ardent's Armory

- User Cerruti1889 for all the awesome settlement objects used in the screens, his work is on the servers above, so be sure to check them out!

Edited by Deadblot2, 10 June 2020 - 04:33 PM.

Enthusiast

• Account closed
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Hi, just wanted to point out that I've done extensive testing for stability on my Rig with all sorts of suggest tweaks, edits, and mods. I have to say I went from 80 FPS on ultra max settings to a solid 100+ with my personal tweaks. I noticed you suggested to use ForceMemoryVideoSize" to "=True" and VideoMemorySizeMb to 8096. I disagree, since I've tried that and end up inducing microstutter on an otherwise decent enough playable game. It also decreased my FPS when I enabled it. Regarding Load Accelerator, that mod is obsolete with the introduction of the High FPS Physics Fix mod. That has a section in it's ini to allow you to speed up loading times. Then there's your argument not to use the natural 2K face mod. The reason being is its not packed in BA2 files. You should ALWAYS pack your mods in BA2 with Archive2. Look up a guide on how to do that it's so simple it takes less than a few minutes. Mods that aren't packed are guaranteed to cause problems and stuttering.

Specs:

Spoiler

Deadblot2

Deadblot2

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
In response to post #81771988.

Spoiler

I'm always looking for feedback from others, I'll definitely tweak the guide as mentioned.

mertinlad

mertinlad

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
Oh good for all people :) I was looking for a guide and then mods like FPS fix and your perfect guide came ! I need to test them asap :) Thanks a lot ;)

creodron

creodron

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
Great starting guide for those new to Fallout 4 modding. I do think you should mention that some mods particularly location mods move/disable/add static objects then rebuild the previs/precombines. Those mods need to come after FO4 Fps Fix or there will be preculling issues.

fathuuuuuuur

fathuuuuuuur

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
First of all, thank you and great job on the updated guide
I am wondering if packing the loose texture files from the "natural faces 2k" mod into a single .ba2 file would solve the stuttering issue, have you tried it?

Clerith37

Clerith37

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
In response to post #81775168.

Spoiler

It does help the stutter, gone for me

Edited by Clerith37, 07 June 2020 - 05:56 AM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.103 seconds