Xan - Moonblade Mage

Posted Image

Davidjedi

Davidjedi

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts
Stunning shots Rick, i like your moon blade mage and i'm curious about which kind of magic he is using.
All the set is gorgeous but i think my favorite is this one https://www.flickr.c...04/50031157391/
:)

SomewhatWindy

SomewhatWindy

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 8,678 posts
That is someone who takes things way to seriously (those were my first thoughts)
He seems some kind of fanatic to me, here to tech us how to do things properly :)
Cool images even when the character itself is probably less pleasant :)

skywolle

skywolle

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,493 posts

A fantastic set and the music was perfect, that's a great job, Rick.

yfbkgPk.png?1

Excellentium

Excellentium

Visual storyteller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,728 posts
In response to post #82280383.

Spoiler

Thank you, my friend! Xan is actually a character you can meet and bring with you as a follower in the classic old RPG "Baldur's Gate". He's another one of those chars I once did for the Saturday Night Celebrities event here on Nexus (very much forgotten nowadays). I did some Dragon Age characters and some from Baldur's Gate (and a few others), but since I don't really play them in Skyrim, I took their presets to Enderal.

According to the information about Xan from the BG-game, he's an enchanter, so that's how I will try and play him. That means no Elementalism - or Destruction magic as it's called in TES - which might put him in quite some dangerous situation. In BG you first find him as a prisoner along with his magic sword, the Moonblade, so he does have some combat skills. I'd say in TES terms he's more of a Spellsword for this reason, but still without Lightning, Frost or Fire. Should be interesting, although I expect to die a lot... :D

Excellentium

Excellentium

Visual storyteller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,728 posts
In response to post #82292218.

Spoiler

Xan is a very concerned elf, that's certainly true, but he's more a depressed and woeful character that seems to see failure in almost any kind of mission or accomplishment. He's a character from the game "Baldur's Gate", an elf mage and he's somewhat considered as one of the worst you can bring into your team... :D
I've always liked him though, which is why I did this character for an old Saturday Night Celebrities set once. I guess I can relate a bit with him, at least from my years when darkness felt almost unbearable. I was also quite negative and pessimistic about most things for a few years, so I have a certain understanding about this character I guess... ;)

In BG he's a mage, an enchanter, carrying this magic sword called Moonblade, so that's how I will try and play him in Enderal too. He's not allowed to use any Elementalism spells, so I will rely mostly on Mentalism and Psionics for him I think, and some One-handed for that sword he carries.

Excellentium

Excellentium

Visual storyteller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,728 posts
In response to post #82295683.

Spoiler

Thank you very much, Sky! Nice to hear you liked the music too! The character is a doomy guy, so he needed some doom tunes... :yes: :thumbsup:

tepeloalnefor

tepeloalnefor

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts
Great character and armor!

Excellentium

Excellentium

Visual storyteller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,728 posts
In response to post #82312518.

Spoiler

Thanks a lot, Tepe! The armor is a replica from the ESO cinematics - the Breton Assassin - but I kind of like it for a mage as well.

BlackMaid

BlackMaid

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 42,869 posts
Xan sounds asian, but I think he isnīt ... but he is a determined fighter with magical powers ( uhh I like this ;) XD ) ...
Great and never seen pics from the first steps ... I like the lighting here

Edited by BlackMaid, 23 June 2020 - 07:43 PM.

Page loaded in: 0.922 seconds