28 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443,449 posts
Critical and Effects - Fixes and Tweaks

Fixes the damage dealing critical effects of most vanilla weapons so that they cannot cause you to miss "killcounts" and other proc effects such as crime responsibility. Includes some personal tweaks so this mod is IMPURE... if at this point you still think the vanilla "balance" from FNV is sacrosanct, you're worse off than me.

moXsolace

moXsolace

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Goddammit. One hit after another.
Waiting for your next masterpiece Instead of starting a playthrough ,i'm like nah Miguilck probably has another ace up his sleeve.
i'll wait lol

Edited by moXsolace, 24 June 2020 - 12:15 PM.

miguick

miguick

She needs Premium, dude

• Premium Member
  • 1,265 posts
In response to post #82331583.

Spoiler

Just start that playthrough. I have a 250h savegame where I did it all and where hundreds of mods came and went (with some care of course) and I had the time of my life with it, "fun" is a process not a final product.

Edited by miguick, 23 June 2020 - 02:44 PM.

TrueVoidwalker

TrueVoidwalker

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
"if at this point you still think the vanilla "balance" from FNV is sacrosanct, you're worse off than me" kek, preach

SWAGAMESH

SWAGAMESH

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
One mod after another. When youre done with your mad modding spree theres going to be nothing left of the vanilla mechanics.. seems like quite a good thing.

So other s*** i know:
Compliance regulator
basically the other sonic emitters effects
The legate sword effect

Not sure what can be done with those

also wasnt there something like smoldering?

Oh and the effect from the holo rifle. If you were to tweak that you would make something fancy out of it im sure. Disintegration on death or other impropabilities

miguick

miguick

She needs Premium, dude

• Premium Member
  • 1,265 posts
In response to post #82335648.

Spoiler

Thanks for weighing in. I think those are not problematic however:
- Compliance Regulator: causes paralysis, which is not damaging. Well, you could push the immobile dude off a cliff but then you know what they say, that's on gravity's conscience.
- The other Sonic Emitters cause non damaging effects: paralysis, knockdown, and on death dismemberment.
- Blade of the East causes knockdown and poison damage (weird, the wiki says it's fire?), but it does so in its regular hits from the object effect. Those are safe and are considered to be caused by the wielder on the target.
- Same with the Holorifle, it does energy damage in its object effects, and only disintegrates on a critical death.

By smoldering, do you mean the fire and smoke effects when burning? There are a few instances of those, but as long as they aren't accompanied by an effect that actually damages HP they are fine. Though things like gas traps and environmental hazards triggered by the player are not covered because that'd be almost impossible to cover and amount to very little effect in game. Not much use in having NPCs blame the player or whoever is responsible for triggering one of such hazards.

SWAGAMESH

SWAGAMESH

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
In response to post #82335648. #82336143 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

True.
The smolder of the Tarantula Sonic Emitter does damage I think, and the explosion of it might be taken care of by your edit of flamercriteffect2, honestly it is the weirdest of the bunch. For me it usually explodes if the target is smoking and dies.. is it supposed to do that even?

Also damaging is the smoking effect of the Archimedes II

Dont know what else is using the smoking effect

miguick

miguick

She needs Premium, dude

• Premium Member
  • 1,265 posts
In response to post #82335648. #82336143, #82338643 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Ah yeah, tarantula Emitter is fixed here. It was partially fixed in YUP so it couldn't cause insta-deaths like you say because the conditions on the critical effect where badly set up, indeed it wasn't supposed to do that.

As for Archimedes II I fixed it here.

seargentbingle

seargentbingle

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Would this work with TTW and BLEED? xEdit shows a lot of conflicts and it makes me uncertain, many of them being script conflicts. Endorsed.

Edited by seargentbingle, 24 June 2020 - 06:34 PM.

MinigunKiller911

MinigunKiller911

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
Can you suggest this fix to inclusion in Unofficial Patch Plus?

Edited by MinigunKiller911, 27 June 2020 - 10:40 AM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.916 seconds