We're looking for a Mid-level Front End Developer

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

BigBizkit

BigBizkit

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 5,740 posts
With our site and community growing, we are once again looking for new talent to recruit to the Nexus Mods team. This time we are looking for a Mid-level Front End Developer to join us in our offices in Exeter, UK.

You can view the full job description on Workable and if you think you would be a good fit, do not hesitate to send us your application?.

If you're interested in joining our team, but don't think this is the right role for you then please feel free to keep checking our careers page for available positions in the future. 

Disturbed147

Disturbed147

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Might I ask what tech stacks you are using on both FE and BE side?

So, from the description I take it that React is being used on FE side? Do you still use stuff like jQuery or are you going with an vanilla ES6 approach or maybe even ES6 with Typescript?
And it also looks like your BE is done with PHP? Do you have a custom CMS for internal usage or how are you maintaining stuff?

Also, do you also accept remote-only Devs?

Edited by Disturbed147, 25 August 2020 - 02:24 PM.

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 13,014 posts
In response to post #84433358.

Spoiler

Hey Distrubed147,

I've asked the dev team for answers to your technical questions, but the one I can answer is this:

Also, do you also accept remote-only Devs?

We're looking for someone to work with our team based in Exeter, UK from our office. For the right candidates, we may be able to assist with relocation expenses and logistics.

Dipanjanc33

Dipanjanc33

Still alive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
sad indian noises

Starminor

Starminor

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
One day...one day...

iceageplanet

iceageplanet

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
In response to post #84433358. #84438533 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

I don't think React.js is used in the front end side. I have a React.js dev-tool as a chrome extension. It's not showing React.

The front end of the Nexus mods is wonderful I like it. But the back end I think is not quite good. It's a bit slow at least I feel.

seniixms

seniixms

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
In response to post #84439448.

Spoiler

hahahaha

BigTiddyKhajiit

BigTiddyKhajiit

Journeyman

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Seems every week you're looking for devs...probably because your staff keep leaving you.

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 13,014 posts
In response to post #84474198.

Spoiler

What are you basing this on?

It's quite the opposite actually. We're looking for new members of the team to help us improve the site. ;)

HornetActual

HornetActual

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
There's no need for relocation for work like this. I've been freelancing for a decade and get far LESS done in offices than from the quiet of home. The only exception is major planning meetings, which in the current time are probably held so remotely that it actually makes no difference anyway, if you can't pass a pencil & paper around there's no advantage.

In a strange coincidence I've previously worked on several sites belonging to one of your competitors, back and front ends, so I know it's completely possible to do with a site/scale of this nature. I'm very surprised the pandemic hasn't helped you realise this yet.

Edited by HornetActual, 28 August 2020 - 07:12 AM.

Page loaded in: 1.003 seconds