123 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246,588 posts
NVMMP - New Vegas Map Marker Project

With default map markers sometimes lacking in placement and efficiency, this mod adds numerous convenient map markers to the Mojave Wasteland particularly in the Vegas area.

FalloutSaurus

FalloutSaurus

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
Some of the other mods doesn´t worked for me in the past... definitelly worth of try.

Balebandr0

Balebandr0

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 132 posts
oh?

JDganon

JDganon

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 98 posts
Yet another gem! Thank you for this

PushTheWinButton

PushTheWinButton

Wingin' It

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
Just a heads up: the reason why some of these map markers aren't present in the vanilla game is because some load doors are necessary for certain content to be enabled by the game. Prime examples are The Strip, Freeside, and The Fort. These locations were chopped up into several different areas as a compromise on performance, despite being in the same (or similar) worldspace. As a result, NPCs in the different sections of the worldspaces are disabled until the door to that area is activated by the player, e.g. NPCs in the centre area of The Strip are only enabled when the player uses the door to enter that area (this is why you can see them pop into existence when moving through The Strip gates). Fast travel obviously circumvents the triggers, so some stuff will be missing.

This can be fairly easily solved using some scripted shenanigans to detect when the player enters the areas in question and fake the activation of the area transition scripts. None of the other existing map marker mods have done this yet, so they all share the same issues.

Edited by PushTheWinButton, 09 September 2020 - 07:59 PM.

LimeMods

LimeMods

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
In response to post #84924333.

Spoiler

You make a very good point here. I was vaguely aware of this issue but not quite sure of the cause and effect of it's occurrence. For me personally I've always seen the convenience outweighing these issues but I acknowledge it may be a problem at certain points for certain people. I'm not sure my scripting knowledge is deep enough to fix this myself but welcome any assistance anyone in the community could provide.

LolzMan1325

LolzMan1325

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts
In response to post #84924333. #84924748 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

where would you find the scripts that activate on an area load? are they attached to the door in any way?

LimeMods

LimeMods

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
In response to post #84924333. #84924748, #84928193 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

That would be my assumption. I'll take a look at the geck tonight and see if I can confirm

LimeMods

LimeMods

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
In response to post #84924333. #84924748, #84928193, #84929183 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Just took a look and there seems to be a script that runs on entry to the strip called VFSVegasDoorSCRIPT, it's linked to a ref surrounding the entry door called FreesideGateToStripREF. How this itself goes ahead and links to the door seems to be a bit vague however.

SamuelOlson1701

SamuelOlson1701

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 569 posts
what map is that? <3

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.428 seconds