• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

volvaga0

volvaga0

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts
If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Edited by volvaga0, 07 March 2013 - 04:15 AM.

r2rex

r2rex

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
link it maybe? :P

r2rex

r2rex

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
In response to post #7518466.

oh wait, forget i asked... :|

carleq2

carleq2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
"...If you do this however, you are a bad person and you should feel bad." -That made me smile ;P

svanderwerf

svanderwerf

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
interesting...

I started using this *truly fantastic* mod ages ago because it was the perfect solution to Skyrim's "bloody awful lighting" problem. The effects being conveniently switchable made me smile a lot. The Goggles, in fact, became the only piece of equipment I never changed. Ever.

So the fact you feel they should be *less* convenient is fascinating.

I will be switching the Oil system off, because having to find/refill oil [read: player.additem Oil 10000] would be annoying. And I like this mod precisely because it removed a major irritation.

that said, this mod remains one of my absolute favourite ever, and I will probably give you money for it soon. Cheers

AlarictheVisgoth

AlarictheVisgoth

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
This has got to be one of the best functional mods to date. It stays true to the lore without breaking immersion. It's also a more efficient solution to Chesko's Wearable Lanterns which--as I've discovered--guzzle oil at an insane rate. Then again, the inefficient burn rate may have something to do with the latest patch.

That being said, the only downside to this mod is the rate of oil the googles/scouter tend to consume like svanderwerf said. The burn rate for the detect life effect at 3oz/min or 180 oz/hr. In the same amount of time, the google's night vision effect at 60 oz/min would burn out 20x faster (i.e. in about 3 mins?) of game time. So you'd carry a crap load of oil (at an significant inventory penalty since the vanilla oil is so heavy) just to be able to see at night.

This would suck when dungeon crawling in Dwemer or Dragur dugeons which averages some several hours (without disabling the oil system in MCM or using cheats). :/

Since the oil is a Dwemer artifact, it's an even more rarer resource by default. Only a total of 11 confirmed ones exist in the game. So besides the obvious source from Dwemer centurions etc, you only have a 15% chance of apothecary merchants offering them. So it's very challenging to naturally encounter this limited resource in the environment.

AlarictheVisgoth

AlarictheVisgoth

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Final bit of thread spam: If you're taking suggestions for this mod, here's my 2cents: adding a renewable source to obtain the oil. For example, (from easiest to hardest): *adding a craftable recipe to make Dwemer oil at the cooking pot and/or forge. This would probably be the easiest way. *adding a respawnable container to Calcermo's museum area. Perhaps make the amount of oil obtained more or less depending on the frequency of respwan time. *adding an NPC vendor(s) to lore specific areas in Markath (or within the vicinity of Calcermo's study area) *increasing the probability vanilla shopkeepers offer/sell Dwemer oil supplies. Or increase the number of oil drops in the Dwemer centurion etc. death list? Or perhaps add this item to Khajiit vendor lists. *add a script to Calcermo? to sell oil supplies (although it would be somewhat illogical for him to want to part with any of the Dwemer treasure he's been hording in his museum) Regardless of these nitpicking tweaks, this is one amazing mod. Thanks for all the attention to detail on this and keep up the great work! :)

Edited by AlarictheVisgoth, 18 May 2013 - 04:44 PM.

volvaga0

volvaga0

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts
In response to post #8078538.

Only the Detect Life effect uses oil over time.Everything else is a one time usage, then it's on for as long as you like until you turn it off.The increased access to the oils is something I've been wanting to do but haven't got round to making a patch for. I was going to make a market vendor in Markarth that sells the oils, as well as making it craftable.And thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you are enjoying the mod and its features.

Edited by volvaga0, 26 May 2013 - 04:35 PM.

dpgza

dpgza

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
The dwarven oil problem... setting item not to use any dwarven oil feels like cheating, considering how nice to use it is.
There is already some sugestion about geting some supply of it and i just want to suggest a repeatable quest without too much trouble, with rewards dwarven oil. If it does not require too much work. Or a trader but not with money (to make it more interesting),or just the forge (dwemer ingot+mana potion I )
Or alternative fuel easier to obtain but allows refill to max 10 %.

Edited by dpgza, 16 July 2013 - 12:04 PM.

Skyles

Skyles

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
As someone who doesn't use SkyUI, I'd love to see an option to use the oil system - another SKSE onkeeypress option, something similar to recharging weapon enchants, "press O to oil" when the goggles or scouter are selected in inventory or are worn.

In the meantime, for others who do not use SkyUI, the console command you are looking for is

set DwemerScouterGoggles_UseOilSystem to 0

Edited by Skyles, 31 August 2013 - 02:13 AM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.004 seconds