27 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442,674 posts
Brotherhood of Old - Vala Amatius Makeover

This is a physical makeover of the follower Vala Amatius from TomTesoro's interesting The Brotherhood of Old quest and follower mod.

OregonPete

OregonPete

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 646 posts
Version 1.0
There are two files available in version 1.0. The one requires KS Hairdos SSE (Female version) but is flagged as an ESL so it won't take up any space in your load order. Use that file if you already have KS Hairdos installed. The second file can't be flagged as ESL but doesn't require KS Hairdos because the hairstyle is included. Use that file if you don't have KS Hairdos installed and don't want to download it (it's fairly hefty in regard to size).

I've also included a voice patch for Flower Girls SE and VR. If you use Flower Girls, you've probably seen custom-voiced followers constantly moving their lips without a sound all the while you're kissing (or the other things you can do with Flower Girls). The voice patch gets rid of this problem.

EDIT: I uploaded a few more images of Vala's original appearance, just so no one can say I'm being unfair. Some might like her original appearance better. Me? I'll stick with my new one. ;)

Edited by OregonPete, 14 December 2020 - 07:30 PM.

thealzaim

thealzaim

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Downloaded without question!

Thanks for this!

OregonPete

OregonPete

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 646 posts
In response to post #87988323.

Spoiler

Welcome! :) Hope you enjoy it.

detra

detra

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
I don't know why you think that the first file cannot be flagged. Compacting the formIDs won't break the characters appearance, and that's all I did to make it work. Certainly looks a lot better than the original, though.

DarkEyedBlond

DarkEyedBlond

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 26 posts
I was looking for something like this just the other day, I haven't played the mod yet but I read in some review that Vala looked awful and I was like, hmm, maybe there's a retex. And now there is! Thanks.

OregonPete

OregonPete

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 646 posts
In response to post #87989753.

Spoiler

You're right, and I apologize. When I run the script to list all the ESPs that can be flagged as ESL, I've trained myself to automatically ignore any ESPs where the Form IDs need to be compacted. At some point, I'll probably get around to learning how that's done...

OregonPete

OregonPete

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 646 posts
In response to post #88000413.

Spoiler

You're welcome!

OregonPete

OregonPete

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 646 posts
In response to post #87989753. #88001633 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Hmmm...okay, I read Obscene911's ESLify Guide again, and he clearly states that ESPs that contain generated facegendata should NOT be compacted. Since this is an overhaul that relies extensively on generated facegendata, I'd rather not do it. But if you got it to work for your build, Kudos!

Here's the link to the ESLify Guide for anyone who is interested:

ESLify (A Guide to ESL Flag Your Plugins And Maintain Your Plugin Limit)

detra

detra

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
In response to post #87989753. #88001633, #88002033 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

That advice only applies to mods that add new NPCs, since compacting would change their formIDs and therefore require regenerating or renaming the facegen files. But since you modify an existing NPC, its ID won't change even if you compact the mod, so it requires no additional work.

Edited by detra, 15 December 2020 - 07:50 AM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.054 seconds