• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

HoleyGrail

HoleyGrail

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
*Duplicate posting of this article deleted. Please post any .ini tweaks of your own here (along with credits to source material) that you think might benefit anyone.

Edited by HoleyGrail, 15 April 2013 - 04:45 AM.

marmo1233

marmo1233

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
In response to post #7825675.

I do play an heavy modded skyrim and thanks to the script and multicore tweaks it run so smootly that i feel like adding few more mods ahah.
Thank you and kudo :P

MongoMonk

MongoMonk

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
Very good post. I use exactly the same tweaks. Makes for a very stable & fluent Skyrim experience.

Bushhog

Bushhog

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 637 posts
Thanks for taking the time to put this together, very helpful!

HoleyGrail

HoleyGrail

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
In response to post #7825675. #7830803 is also a reply to the same post.

Thanks for the kudos.. much appreciated :)

Gruftlord

Gruftlord

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts
just out of Interest, did you test the effect of those tweaks (mainly the multithreading ones) yourself, or did you just copy them over? there was a discussion a few months back on the bethesda forums, where many disputed to effect of any of those tweaks.

most of these tweaks came out a few days after Skyrim was released and they were blunt copies from what worked in Oblivion and the two fallout games. Some things that worked back then may even be harmfull in Skyrim (e.g.: the export ini command that was used to get to all these settings itels if horribly bugged now with skyrim). and i never saw any of those early guides actually backing their ini tweaks up with any sort of performance tests. they mostly were published on sites that looked suspicioulsy like something that is trying to generate as much traffic as possible to get some cheap ad klicks. Fancy guids for new games for example.

anyway, myself i use some of these tweaks, and from my findings i have to say this:
those multithreading twekas never gave me any performance increase. i did observe some stability benefit however (e.g. the showracemenu tended to crash a lot with Apachii Sky Hair. the likelyhood of crashing dropped significantly with these tweaks.
so don't expect performance, but many stability.

the Papyrus tweaks do work, you can check this with script-tests from SKSE and Convenient horses. with the right settings (it all depends on your setup, inis and mods) there is a good chance of speeding up the script-execution by 20-30%.

aiming and arrow tweaks work without any issues and you can see ingame for yourself, how these influence the projectiles. No mystery around these.

anyway, thank you for writing these settings down on in this nice collection

polk636

polk636

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Just tried it out and it improved my fps dramatically. In the dungeon I am in, I was at about 30 fps. Now I am at a solid 60 (i cap it because of my TV) and I have 2k textures and an Enb.

HoleyGrail

HoleyGrail

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
In response to post #7839592.

I'm only using a dual core myself, and I did test performance before and after activating the multi threading tweaks. I am running a fairly heavily modded game with 2K textures (all optimized with SMCO except body/face/hair textures) and the fps gain, lack of load hitching and general performance increase was pretty obvious in my case. I can't say it would help everyone, but it did help me.

Edited by HoleyGrail, 17 April 2013 - 06:11 AM.

SovereignXII

SovereignXII

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
My FPS seems a few frames higher than before, i'm not quite sure. However the game appears to stutter less and after loading, gets to 60FPS faster than before. So thank you 8)

ZeroSbr1

ZeroSbr1

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
In response to post #8065677.

I'm about to test out a few of these tweaks as well...mainly the scripting and combat ones. I hope it works :D

Do the scripting tweaks improve performance at all? I'd assume it improves performance in areas that have scripts affecting them if anything.

Page loaded in: 0.999 seconds