With Nexus Mods getting bigger and better every year, we're looking to bolster our ranks once again by recruiting a Junior Community Manager to work with our existing team to help us better serve our community.
This position is based in our offices in Exeter in the UK and you will need a right to work in the UK before you apply.
As a Community Manager, it is your responsibility to interact with and look after the Nexus Mods community and understand the needs and wants of the various smaller communities within. You will be the public face of Nexus Mods and the go-to person for any questions users have specifically about the community including our rules and regulations and how we enforce them.
Your position will have both an internal and external focus. On the one hand, helping to manage and look after the community we already have while on the other helping to expand the Nexus Mods community further, inviting new mod authors to join us and expanding our reach into new games.
As part of this role you will help to manage and coordinate our moderation team, ensuring they continue to do a good job, providing them support when needed and helping to find and recruit new members to the team as and when necessary.
You will need to have your finger on the pulse of the Nexus modding community, the general gaming modding community and the wider gaming industry so you can fully represent us in all those spheres. It'll be your job to ensure the Nexus Mods community remains strong and vibrant while continuing to grow.
Nexus Mods now has a strong social media presence on both Twitter and Facebook. As community manager, you will source and post highly relevant content on our social media channels and work to increase our reach in social media through promotions and other mediums.
You'll be learning the ropes of your position from our existing Community Managers - BigBizkit (Stefan) and Pickysaurus (Mike) and reporting directly to Nexus Mods owner, Robin.
- Embodying the spirit and ethos of Nexus Mods as a point of contact for users across our forums, Discord, social media and support platform
- Expanding the reach of Nexus Mods by communicating with mod authors from games we do not currently support and helping them bring their mods to Nexus Mods
- Liaising with partners and external developers fostering mutually beneficial relationships
- Providing the "community perspective" when working together with the Design, Web, or Vortex teams to help steer the development of our platform
- Managing and supporting our team of volunteer moderators
- Responding to and dealing with high profile issues with moderation on the site
- Sourcing engaging social media content and managing our existing channels
- This is an office-based position. You need a right to work in the UK and a willingness to relocate to Exeter as soon as possible
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written (English)
- The ability to remain calm and impartial even when people in the community are being unfair or unreasonable, maintaining a professional demeanour throughout
- A good understanding of social media and communication platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and Discord
- A good understanding of how Nexus Mods works and the rules of Nexus Mods
- A deep understanding of how modding works such that you can properly investigate and resolve mod author conflicts regarding asset permissions
- Previous experience making and releasing mods
- The ability to pick up and understand how modding works in new games, including Unity and Unreal games that do not have modding tools
- Previous experience managing social media platforms via Hootsuite or other comparable SM Management tools
- A sense of humour
- A love of computer games
- We will offer a competitive market rate salary dependent on your level
- 32 days holiday a year, plus an additional holiday day after you have worked in the company for 1 year, 3 years, and 5 years
- An allowance of 25 Euros each month to spend on video games, to play in your own personal time, that can be unrelated to work (any games you need to do your job are bought by the business!)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- We will provide high spec hardware for you to work from in the office
- For the right candidates, we may be able to assist with relocation expenses and logistics
- This is a full-time office-based position from our offices in Exeter, UK