6 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270,013 posts
PlayStation and Nintendo Switch Icons

This mod will change the icons from Xbox to PlayStation or Nitendo Switch icons, depending on you choice.

AgentSlacker

AgentSlacker

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm definitely going to keep my eye on this mod. I hope that the glyphs can resemble the official ones soon. I'm also hoping you'll find a fix for the X button during cutscenes.

Edited by AgentSlacker, 05 April 2021 - 04:50 AM.

EASKATER

EASKATER

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 515 posts
In response to post #92795333.

Spoiler

The glyphs are the official ones, All I did was redirect the Xbox icon textures to the PlayStation Icon textures by editing a text file. All the icons for the controllers are already in the game. The one thing I had to do was use the L1 and R1 buttons from the stadia version because for some weird reason when I would use the PS4 ones they were quite smooshed. But every other icon are the official icons. As for the X button during cutscenes I can't seem to find where it is getting that from, so in truth at this point I don't see myself changing it, especially since it's not really a big deal, I mean they are just cutscenes, as long as the gameplay and menu icons are correct what else really matters.

Edited by EASKATER, 05 April 2021 - 11:40 PM.

aijs2iy2189iyh

aijs2iy2189iyh

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
why does the L1 button on the PS buttons look so weird and not like in the actual PS4 version?

EASKATER

EASKATER

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 515 posts
In response to post #96642863.

Spoiler

Because I had to use the L1 and R1 buttons from the stadia controller icon set that are inside the files. I didn't edit any textures, I merely edit some text files that point to where to grab the textures since the game comes with all the icons from all platforms already in the game. The reason I used the stadia icons for L1 and R1 is because for some reason when I used the actual PlayStation ones they were really stretched out and looked completely off for some reason. The stadia ones weren't stretched out and looked better than the stretched out PlayStation ones.

aijs2iy2189iyh

aijs2iy2189iyh

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
In response to post #96642863. #96647648 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

okay then
well, i guess i can live with it

EASKATER

EASKATER

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 515 posts
One last thing, if you or anyone else reading this want to try the actual PS4 L1 and R1 icons, you can do it yourself by editing two files from this mod using notepad++. Open up my mod and go to "gameresources\generated\decls\material2\textures\guis\controller\xbone" basically the last folder, and inside that folder you'll see a bunch of files with the extension .decl. KEEP IN MIND you'll only see the .decl after the file name if you have enabled file extensions in File Explorer. Anyway you'll have to open up two files, joy5 and joy 6. Inside those files you'll see a line that says filepath = "textures/guis/controller/stadia/tga/joy5.tga"; simply change the text stadia inside of that to ps4. So the new line should be filePath = "textures/guis/controller/ps4/tga/joy5.tga";

Now do the same to the file called joy6. Of course you'll have to re run modInjector.bat after you edit the files. That will get you the PS4 L1 and R1 which then you'll see how weird and stretched out they look. Idk maybe you or someone else can fix it. Either way if you need any help let me know.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.218 seconds