Need Help Starting a Working New Game

ShadowGearX

Hi ShadowGearX,

just read your post on the Ningheim support forum. You have FNIS installed, right? Could you try using a vanilla character, activating a pose (from FNIS, optional step), and then loading your Ningheim save afterwards? Otherwise, I would actually try a Skyrim install where the ONLY things you have installed are Skyrim, potential DLCs, RaceCompatibility, and The Ningheim. Don't do or install anything else. I personally have none of the USKP patches and BSA/ESM optimizations, and I have zero problems with crashes or whatsoever while I know some people who DO use USKP/Optimizations and have all kinds of odd issues. With comparable installs to mine, of course. Now, I'm not saying USKP and the like are bad, it's just that I always found this quite intriguing. All this optimization, and it doesn't benefit them.

I'll follow your thread now to see if we can get your game up and running.

I actually got it going last night, I did fresh installs 2 times over the last 4 days, I deleted EVERYthing that said or looked like it said Skyrim lol. TMPhoenix, the author of Race Comp. helped me a lot. We never figured out WHY this was happening as there should be no issues with what I was doing or trying to run but that is my luck.

So I once again, loaded all 4 mods SKSE, USKP, Ningheim, and RC and once again on a fresh install CTD between the dragon first attacking and running to the keep(sometimes I would make it to the keep but CTD upon entrance). So honestly since I've been at this about 4-5 days, I was ready to give up so since I've always used USKP and I'm new to SKSE, RC, and Ningheim(obviously its new right? :biggrin:) I installed only that, and made a save right before character creation.

I backed out to start installing my normal body mods and I said to myself "Ok, ONE more try since USKP already ran." Long and behold, I got through with SKSE, Ningheim, and RC installed and played for a little over an hour with no issues.

Like I said, no clue WHY this is happening but installing this way helped me get passed it.

I can honestly say I'm probably the first with this issue, considering so many people use mods to avoid the whole "new game" crap, that just was not an option for me since I had no good saves.

Thanks to everyone for the help and tips they have given me!

Edited by ShadowGearX