what happened to kvatch rebuilt?

Maikaregion

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The disappearing objects are gone, and the mod functions as expected (or better, I would say).

I don't know the exact reason for the bug, but after scouring through the esm looking for what could have caused it, without really knowing what to look for, I decided to try and just remove the esm altogether. So, I merged the esp into the esm (after tweaking a few things, copying back and forth, etc.), then converted it into an esp. this fixed the disappearing objects instantly. Of course, I had to change quite a few things to make it run with just an esp, but that was simple enough. :smile:

The current beta is more stable than 1.x and 2.x was, so for anyone wanting to play with Kvatch Rebuilt for their next playthrough, give the beta a go. And once the final release is out, you can simply update it, without having to do anything extra. :wink:

Setting up a new oblivion for next weekend since i finally got a system that will hopefully handle mods. Glad to see the Beta is here now been looking forward to it.

is it worth me plaything through the beta or would it be too incompatible with other big mods (UL,FCOM) at this stage.

Edited by qwertywun

Hmm, I'm getting a 404 Page Not Found error when I click on the download link.

A slight error (case sensitive links are a pain..) it works now though.

Setting up a new oblivion for next weekend since i finally got a system that will hopefully handle mods. Glad to see the Beta is here now been looking forward to it.

is it worth me plaything through the beta or would it be too incompatible with other big mods (UL,FCOM) at this stage.

It shouldn't be incompatible with UL or FCOM to any extent which cannot be fixed easily with a patch. FCOM will only be an issue if you want to start up the Kvatch Arena (which is no longer part of the main quest), and the Unique Landscape issue is very minor.

Thanks, I'll give it a try! I'm also running UL, BC, Fort Akatosh, OOO, Oblivifall - LMR, All Natural Weather and Animated Chimneys and Windows. I know you've mentioned KR 3.0 will be compatible with FA and UL (and I believe OOO too) but I was wondering if there was included compatibility for the ACM. Also, I know Oblivifall had a KR patch from a several years ago (for the cave between Gottshaw and Brina Cross as well as use of the Akatosh chapel in Kvatch) and I'm also wondering if 3.0 will be compatible or if it will even still be compatible with that patch. Also, I found that ANW also has a patch for KR and I'm wondering if that would still be compatible too. Still, I'll try it in my heavily modded game and see though (hopefully nothing will explode!).

EDIT: Just noticed in Wrye Bash that all the old KR patches require the KR .esm file to work... so I gues new patches might need to be made...

EDIT 2: So far I've noticed that KR 3.0 is incompatible with Frostcrag Village (Wethyl Fortress is now directly on top of that settlement).

EDIT 3: And the conflict between the fortress and UL is not big but it definitely needs a patch to fix the land tears and floating rocks/tower. Also, I just wanted to note that I'm just making a list to record my findings and don't necessarily mean that you, Zaldiir, should make all these patches for other mods since I know how much you've been working on this project and quite frankly I'm just excited that it's almost done!

Edited by FragmentaryHorcrux

It shouldn't be incompatible with UL or FCOM to any extent which cannot be fixed easily with a patch. FCOM will only be an issue if you want to start up the Kvatch Arena (which is no longer part of the main quest), and the Unique Landscape issue is very minor.

Is Kvatch Arena a part of FCOM or Kvatch Rebuilt? I have never came across this before.