what happened to kvatch rebuilt?

Maikaregion

Well, I was considering adding quest markers for that part, but since it is essentially a "search for this item and in this closed off location" type of quest, a quest marker would basically ruin that quest.

Yeah I geuss but I managed to move to the next part through the door and the quest didnt update, the underground one did but the lord and lady one didn't will I eventually finish that or can you give me the code to console finish it so I can get it out of my log.?

The quest didn't complete even though you could move on, is that what you are saying?

Hmm, I fought my way into the fortress near frostcraig and now when I kill the lord dude 1. I cant loot him 2. I go and hit the button thingy at the top and a voice says "Why have you come here and then the game pretty much just keeps me there and I cant move talk etc". Any suggestions?

Edit- I managed to figure out why this was happening. If you have companions leave them out of the fight or they will kill him and the script will bug out.

Edit 2- New problem when you are teleported after the cutscene when the fight starts oblivion crashes.

Uhm, how did a companion kill him exactly? He is surrounded by collision boxes, so nothing should get through. Anyway, I will make him neutral to companions, so that it shouldn't happen.

I will also look into the crashing issue. Most likely it has to do with OBSE, as I tried some new commands that I have not used before, to make it smoother.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was considering adding quest markers for that part, but since it is essentially a "search for this item and in this closed off location" type of quest, a quest marker would basically ruin that quest.

Yeah I geuss but I managed to move to the next part through the door and the quest didnt update, the underground one did but the lord and lady one didn't will I eventually finish that or can you give me the code to console finish it so I can get it out of my log.?

The quest didn't complete even though you could move on, is that what you are saying?

Hmm, I fought my way into the fortress near frostcraig and now when I kill the lord dude 1. I cant loot him 2. I go and hit the button thingy at the top and a voice says "Why have you come here and then the game pretty much just keeps me there and I cant move talk etc". Any suggestions?

Edit- I managed to figure out why this was happening. If you have companions leave them out of the fight or they will kill him and the script will bug out.

Edit 2- New problem when you are teleported after the cutscene when the fight starts oblivion crashes.

Uhm, how did a companion kill him exactly? He is surrounded by collision boxes, so nothing should get through. Anyway, I will make him neutral to companions, so that it shouldn't happen.

I will also look into the crashing issue. Most likely it has to do with OBSE, as I tried some new commands that I have not used before, to make it smoother.

Thanks :smile: and yeah the quest didnt complete even though I could move on and I think that its a bit bugged because the quest only starts with "I have entered a mansion or something like that" after you place a heart in someone.

Also I have no idea how they kill him but they use magic and his knights rush my companions and get owned and he aggros on them too and pretty much gets 1 hit. xD (OP midas magic companions)

Found a new bug too, whenever fast traveling into kvatch its the ruins of the city and you need to leave and go back in for the actual town.

Edited by askmax

Do you know/have an idea when the final version will be made/uploaded/finished? Because when you finish/upload it, I won't have any problems with it because I haven't installed any previous versions of this mod since I only got involved with modding as of last year, and by the time I started to look for this mod for Oblivion, it was already taken down since you've been working on it, so I would like if you have an idea when this mod will be finished/when you plan on having it finished.

YoungStallion94

Okay, thank you. By the way, I read the read me, and I'm still not exactly sure what the Underground quest is. If I were to install this mod, how should I avoid this quest? P.S. If I install this current beta version, would it be safe to install the final version over this beta one once you decide to release? Or would I have to do a complete re-install/install of this mod?

YoungStallion94

Okay, thank you. By the way, I read the read me, and I'm still not exactly sure what the Underground quest is. If I were to install this mod, how should I avoid this quest? P.S. If I install this current beta version, would it be safe to install the final version over this beta one once you decide to release? Or would I have to do a complete re-install/install of this mod?

YoungStallion94

When the final version is released, you can simply update it. No reinstall required.

Zaldiir, I was wondering if it was possible to upload KR 1.1 alongside 3.0 for those who want a lighter mod? Since I can't seem to progress beyond the first quest of the beta and I really want to start a new playthrough with my many mods I'd like to see if 1.1 would work better, compatibility-wise.

I'd rather not upload the old versions now really. But, could you give some more information as to why you can't progress past the first quest?

could you give some more information as to why you can't progress past the first quest?

Sorry, I probably should have posted again rather than editing my last post. So, I go to find Count Hassildor for the first quest to get masons. I can't get to him because he's holed up in the castle. But none of his stewards have topics related to KR and I had to cheat to get up to the Count and neither did he have any KR topics. Am I supposed to wait for something else to happen?