what happened to kvatch rebuilt?

Maikaregion

I've left a message on the main Better Cities thread about this, because my install of BC in general treats the Skingrad Castle Courtyard area rather uniquely.

I am using "closed" Better Cities, but this courtyard seems to default to an "open" version of itself. I could never find this rock to toggle the doors, but if I enter the sewer grating in the courtyard, when I exit back I'm in the map where Arnand is located. Can't get into the castle this way, but if I exit back to the Skingrad exterior, it puts me back in the 'open' courtyard area again.

So it's a workaround, but I'm really curious if what I'm seeing is part of an intended design change or not. There's a lot of recreation of doors all over the BC mod, and it looks very "tricky". Could be another mod conflict toggling a worldspace switch or something too.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vorians of the Better Cities team has confirmed that BC's version of the Skingrad Castle courtyard is, indeed, in a custom "open" map, so it will be incompatible with anything that adds objects/NPCs to the original courtyard cell. It would require a KR-BC patch.

He also said that the fact that I could exit from the sewer into the original courtyard is a bug that will be removed in their next patch. The suggested workaround is instead to use some kind of trigger-rock that is southwest of the sewer grating, if you need to briefly get into the other cell to talk to Arnand.

I saw some guy on here mention there being one in existence, but it was not part of the KR or BC mod packages I downloaded as of late last year.

I just received the Underground quest, but that damn portcullis is still down. I'm playing version 2.1.1 so that bug should have been fixed. Now this is the 3th time I reached the final stage, thorugh the whole process of reconstruction, and would just finish this quest with all the available console commands, and go further with other mods and adventures.

So which is the name of the entrance of the castle, so that I can use the player.coc command to teleport me there where the quest is supposed to continue? TCL leads me to a closed door that can't be activated, so I ask for the name of the interior of the castle so that I can use the player.coc command.

Go to Anvil, wait a week, and go back to Kvatch. The city is now restored.

The Underground quest is received prematurely in 2.x.

And you should be using 2.1.2 for now, or the 3.0 beta.

Thank you for your response. I updated to 2.1.2 but have another problem now.

After completing the quest for collecting the souls for the Arena, I received the message for the Underground quest. Well, I completed that quest, and after returning to Kvatch with the Soulstone, I saw the arena rebuilt and thought: OK. Then I waited 8 days in Cheydinhal and, after returning to Kvatch, I found the Arena reverted to a not-rebuilt state.

I tried to type "setstage KRArena 10" to start the quest but the arena is not rebuilt. There is a way, at this point, to force the completion of the Arena and start the quest?

EDIT: Nevermind. Eventually the messenger reached me and started the Arena Quest.

Edited by AlphaUMi

• 3 weeks later...

The beta only has an esp and loose files.

Edit: an no, no ETA. Same issues still bugs me whenever I try to fix them. It is all mostly just one fight scene, so I will probably dumb it down a bit and be done with it.

• 4 weeks later...