This could be interesting, will have to keep an eye on it. Would suggest though that you don't bother with the point system at all for the character sheets, that tends to bog down forum RPs in the worst way. It ends up being a hassle trying to keep up with all of it in the long run too. And it can scare off new players as well, making a sheet is hard enough for some people, saying they have to add points to them as well will turn quite a few people away.

Speaking from experience here, seen it happen too many times.

Will also leave these here for people unsure of what this all about and maybe to help them decide on their characters if they choose to join.

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Vampire%3A_The_Requiem

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Vampire%3A_The_Masquerade

With those two links you should find everything you need to know about the Vampire setting. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm definitely not going to require many numbers at all ;D I'm only going to require the dot count for things like Abilities, Attributes, Merits, Flaws, Disciplines and Humanity/Path. Those are all rather simple to configure.

Which is Exactly what I was talking about. The sheet that's up right now is perfect for a forum RP. It just needs the disciplines listed and you're good to go. All the added stuff is just gonna take away from it. Numbered stats are completely unnecessary unless there's going to be actual dice rolling which there doesn't seem to be any that's going to happen in this.

But again, this is just advice. Do with it what you will and enjoy yourselves, only thing that matters.

Actually, I think I will keep it like that. I really don't want this to become cumbersome.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Covenants

There are also many political or religious factions, known as Covenants. These include:

• The Carthian Movement works towards finding the best form of government for the Kindred, basing its experiments on mortal systems like Democracy, Fascism and the like. It is the only Covenant that elects leaders, and is the newest major Covenant. Members frequently argue over the best form of government and this Covenant is primarily secular in outlook and character.
  • The Circle of the Crone is a collection of pagan and Neopagan cults and religions within the vampiric culture. Generally, these groups are structured around a belief in a generative cycle, though they often revere a particular representative goddess, and these shared associations give rise to their eponymous association with the Crone. They celebrate most of the major pagan holidays, such as the solstices and Yule, and practice the Blood Magic known as "Crúac". Despite many differences in belief and opinion between various circles and cities of the Covenant, they typically dislike the Lancea Sanctum.
  • The Invictus (also known as the "First Estate") An order of vampires that claim to be descendants from an ancient Roman sect known as the Camarilla. They are mostly concerned with material gain and power and therefore heavily involved in city politics and business.
  • The Lancea Sanctum is an organization which grew parallel to Christianity, therefore commonly being mistaken for a vampiric equivalent of it. They claim the Roman Centurion Longinus as their founder and they believe Kindred (the word vampires use for themselves) have a role in the Divine Providence: that of the ultimate predators. As vampires, they're to prey upon humans, thus unleashing God's Wrath upon the unworthy and representing tests for the pious.
  • The Ordo Dracul is focused on understanding the vampiric condition, improving upon it and ultimately transcending its limitations. They learn a collection of powers known as The Coils of the Dragon which alter the practitioner, generally alleviating particular limitations of the vampiric condition. The members of the Ordo believe that this discipline was created by the founder of the covenant, the infamous Dracula.
  • The Unaligned is simply a catch-all term for any Vampires that do not belong to a covenant.
  • The Sabbat is a loose Covenant of vampires that believes Cainites (their name for the Kindred based on the Covenant's religion) should accept their vampiric nature and subjugate humanity as the inferior species. Also known as the Sword of Caine, the sect has the stated goal of destroying the Antediluvians, who they believe are the masterminds behind the Camarilla and the Jyhad. The Sabbat is at best ironic, at worst dangerously hypocritical. It is composed of both the oldest and the youngest vampires in the world, who rejoice in their damnation while fearing for their souls, and fight against the Antediluvians, the elders, and their own pack members.
  • The Camarilla is a loose organization which ostensibly represents and protects all Kindred by enforcing and promulgating The Masquerade. Long ago there was a single covenant which united all vampires. The Camarilla was born in the glory of Rome and many of the beliefs and traditions of modern vampirism were forged during this ancient time. But as Rome fell, so did the Camarilla. Without the extensive organization and culture of the Roman state, many vampires reverted to a state of barbarism, as did their human prey. Tonight, however, the Camarilla persists because, in the 14th century, when the Inquisition raged across Western Europe, Kindred were being destroyed left and right. The Anarch revolt didn't help things either. Those who were desperate and needed a place to escape to decided to recreate the Camarilla.
  • The Anarchs are a sect of vampires that exists both within and on the fringes of Camarilla society. Its members are interested in tearing down the social order upheld by the Camarilla, believing it to unfairly defend the interest and status of a select number of older Cainites at the expense of the greater majority. What it should be replaced with is a subject of heated debate, but in the end the Anarchs are united by their faith in a more equal system where power is distributed throughout the population and status dictated by merit, not social customs centuries old that have no place in modern thinking. In their eyes, the Camarilla is corrupt and out-dated while the Sabbat is monstrous and hypocritical. Yet the Anarchs' power remains comparitively small, and so the sect operates under the shadow of the Camarilla, hoping to transform it from within. While its members are often seen as naive, radical, or even dangerous, they exhibit a passion and vision for changing the world of the undead few groups can match.
  • Hell follows Belial's Brood. Belial's Brood willingly give themselves over to frenzy and do all they can to create chaos and sow fear. Mass murder is the least of their crimes. The traditions, convention, the customs of ages, mean nothing to these anarchistic and, quite literally, hell-bent Kindred. They do as they wish, to whomever they wish and damn the consequences, to the masquerade or anything or anyone else. Their actions draw the attentions not only of the local Kindred power structure, but of mortal authorities as well. Whenever the Brood appear a race begins to root them out and obliterate them before the mortal witch finders, hunters and busybodies among the press can put two and two together and endanger the entire masquerade.

Thanks for the first character sheet!

I'll get the setting up sometime today too, but the main story will take place in three different cities across Europe:

Stockholm, Sweden (ruled by the Cirlce of the Crone who are the majority in the city with Camarilla competing for power buth otherwise non violent towards each other; has a BIG Anarch and Assamite problem due to immigration; also a small Carthian movement)

London, England (rule almost exclusively by the Camarilla with other powers there such as the Lancer Sanctum and Circle of the Crone who have a strong feud with each other, Anarchs and Carthians have a foothold here; BIG Assamite problem; small Ordo Dracul following; Invictus has some power, but not much)

Venice, Italy (ruled almost exclusively by the Sabbat and Lancea Sanctum who have been known to fight each other on occasion, they are very hostile towards each other; Invictus has a very small power base on the outskirts but are otherwise powerless)

I'll flesh them out much more later, detailing things like who's in charge, big wigs, etc.

Also, your immediate story doesn't have to take place in either of these cities; you my start out wherever you wish, but know that the main places for the setting are in the three cities mentioned above.

Looks really, really interesting, I adore Vampires (Like, really) So I'm deffo joining- Just give me some time to flesh out my character and familiarize myself with the setting :happy:

I'd really appreciate it if you kinda gave us a little more to work with however, like the year, what's around, current events, a plotline, where we will be Rping (the world is a big place), are we aloud vehicles, any caps on starting weapons, a bit more flesh on the clans (it's rather vague) So like where they are set, what they are about, stuff like that. :happy:

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Think i'll try and scrounge up my old character for this then.

Oh, and you might wanna go ahead and make the merits and flaws thing optional. Yeah it's a neat thing for veteran players who know what they're for but people not familiar with the books won't have a clue what to put there. That and again, without dice rolls they're kinda pointless except for fleshing out the character.

Yeah, and to truly understand the V;TM stuff you need to introduce the Hunters and Werewolves since they are all apart of WOD. They both play a big factor in survival as a vampire. I will be doing a new character for this RP because my other character was set in the states so I will be building one for a more European setting.

Looks really, really interesting, I adore Vampires (Like, really) So I'm deffo joining- Just give me some time to flesh out my character and familiarize myself with the setting :happy:

I'd really appreciate it if you kinda gave us a little more to work with however, like the year, what's around, current events, a plotline, where we will be Rping (the world is a big place), are we aloud vehicles, any caps on starting weapons, a bit more flesh on the clans (it's rather vague) So like where they are set, what they are about, stuff like that. :happy:

I'll definitely be getting on that tomorrow. There are some things I can immediately answer right now.

The year is 2013, around this time. Current events are wide and varied; for instance, in Sweden, there is the threat of anarchy from the Anarchs, the Assamites who are trying to take over the land by imposing their culture and religion on the native Kindred (they also have been diablarizing the native Kindred too (draining other Kindred of the vitae; blood), which has been seen as an act of war). There are also rumours that many of the death metal bands in Scandinavia, Sweden and Norway in particular, have begun to do 'torture shows' in which they bind their victims on stage.....and drain their blood and drink it- all in front of a crowd. This is a total breach of the Masquerade* and can draw dangerous attention towards the Kindred.

*I am definitely needing to explain the Masquerade and how it works in this RP. Basically, the Masquerade is a sort of conspiracy. Vampires who follow it (and most Kindred do and force the others to do so as well) stay in the shadows of humanity and pull the strings without revealing themselves for what they are. If there were to reveal themselves, it would certainly spell doom for all Kindred.

Vehicles are allowed.

There aren't really any caps on weapons, but if yours is a little more exotic or strange, then it would be nice if you explained how you got it.

Here are the basic descriptions of each clan, but I will post links to every Clan at the bottom of the message:

Clans

Similar to the previous game, Kindred are brought into one of the clans as part of their transformation into vampires. Each clan covers a broad range of vampiric archetypes:

• The Daeva, for instance, evoke the image of vampires as seductive, decadent, sexually transgressive predators who blur lust and hunger together, equating the act of feeding with sensual pleasure, like Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu's Carmilla.
  • The Gangrel embody the idea of vampires as predatory feral demons. An upper level in the feeding chain with little or no interest in humans as anything other than food, they represent vampirism as crude predation and evoke ideas of basic instinct, untamed ferocity and freedom that are commonly associated with predators.
  • The Mekhet are mysterious conspiratorial occultists, obsessed with knowledge and information, who hide in the shadows and manipulate others from afar.
  • Nosferatu vampires are the repulsive, yet fascinating, alien and hideous monsters of legend (such as Count Orlok of their movie namesake).
  • Ventrue are regal vampires who value power and dominion to the point of obsession, self-styled "lords of the night" they represent vampirism as a metaphor for maddening power, like Bram Stoker's Dracula.
  • The Malkavians are a clan of Kindred cursed with insanity. Every Malkavian is in some fashion insane; in game terms, they have at least one derangement they can never remove. They are one of the original seven clans of theCamarilla and, strangely enough, a pillar of the organization. Throughout history, the Malkavians have been the seers and oracles of the Kindred, bound by strange compulsions and insight.
  • Clan Brujah is largely composed of rebels, both with and without causes. Individualistic, outspoken and turbulent, Brujah hold social change near to their undead hearts, and the clan's ranks contain some of the most violent of the Kindred. Most other vampires perceive the Brujah as nothing more than punks and miscreants, but the truth of the matter is that genuine passion lies behind their polemics.
  • The Tzimisce were once the most feared of all clans. With the downfall of feudalism, and the rise of the usurper Tremere, they are a shadow of their former selves. Disjointed as any clan in the Sabbat, they don't even fill the majority of the leadership positions. Still, they hold a great deal of power, regardless of who realizes it. The clan has access to many powerful sorceries, Disciplines, and eldritch lores. The clan has many dark points of its history. However, bargains with demons, twisted experiments, and unforgivable sins have yielded powerful weapons. The Clan practices the Discipline known as Vicissitude; 'fleshcrafting', in which they can shape the flesh of any creature just by touching it.
  • The leaders of the Sabbat, clan Lasombra are darwinists, predators, elegant and inhuman. Firm believers in the worthy ruling and the unworthy serving, the Lasombra have maintained their traditions even as they have turned the Sabbat to their own purposes.
  • The Assamites are one of the thirteen vampire clans of the Classic World of Darkness. Based in their hidden fortress Alamut in the Middle East, they are traditionally seen by Western Kindred as dangerous assassins and diablerists, but in truth they are guardians, warriors and scholars who seek to distance themselves from the Jyhad. Throughout their history, they have remained self-sufficient and independent clan.

I'm going to just link you to the rest at the bottom because it's getting really late here. You can find all of the Clans being used there but take notice of these few things:

1. If the Clan is mentioned in both Requiem and Masquerade, the Requiem Clan is going to be used unless otherwise stated.

2. The Toreador of Masquerade are going to be a Bloodline of the Daeva Clan.

3. The Brujah will be their own Clan as described in Masquerade.

4. The Malkavians are their own Clan as described in Masquerade.

Think i'll try and scrounge up my old character for this then.

Oh, and you might wanna go ahead and make the merits and flaws thing optional. Yeah it's a neat thing for veteran players who know what they're for but people not familiar with the books won't have a clue what to put there. That and again, without dice rolls they're kinda pointless except for fleshing out the character.

I'm definitely making the Merits and Flaws optional because they can add such flavour to a character.

Yeah, and to truly understand the V;TM stuff you need to introduce the Hunters and Werewolves since they are all apart of WOD. They both play a big factor in survival as a vampire. I will be doing a new character for this RP because my other character was set in the states so I will be building one for a more European setting.

Oh, I am certainly going to have the Uratha (nWoD's Werewolves) and Hunters in this as well. The Uratha won't be encountered as much because they mostly dwell in the country and other rural places, but the Hunters will be a definite threat that the Kindred will have to dance around.

You don't have to make a new character; you could easily ship him over to any European country, but you can do whatever you like to feel more comfortable in the setting.

Clan Links:

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Clan_(VTR)#The_Five_Clans

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Clan_(VTM)

Name: Salvador Cortez

GENERAL INFORMATION:

Race: Spanish

True Age: 427

Apparent Age: 27

Path:

Religion: Catholic

Clan: Ventrue

Bloodline: Sons Of Cade

Clan/Bloodline Disciplines: Auspex, Dominate and Fortitude

Covenant: The Camarilla

Covenant Faction: Ventrue

Haven: London, owns an apartment there and act's as the Sheriff for London.

APPEARANCE:

Height: 6' 3"

Weight: 220

Hair: Black

Eyes: Dark (has rare birth defect, his eyes have no irises just black pupils)

Skin: Brown

Handedness: Ambidextrous (right naturally, comes from his extensive sword practice)

Scars/Tattoos: Scar across his cheek.

General physical description:

Voice: Deep, slight spanish accent.

Clothing/armor: Often wears tailored suits in dark black with a red silk shirt, has an appreciation for gold so he wears a golden Rolex and a gold medallion of Saint Joseph (patron saint of the dead) around his neck.

PERSONALITY

General Personality Traits: His personal honor means everything to him, to slight it often is met with a bloody reply. Upholds the laws of the Camarilla and the Masquerade in a brutal fashion, often committing the Final Death executions himself. Demands respect but gives respect, known to be a keen mediator and tactician (in war and business)

Fears: Deep Water

Attitudes towards friends/strangers: Approaches strangers with suspicion but loyalty to friends.

Opinion of the world: Could care less.

HISTORY

Past: Born Savador Diego Ruinez, in his youth he fought for Philip The Fourth as one of his Privateer captains during the Thirty Years War. He learned the art of war on the high seas and in the new world aswell as in the courts of the king where he fought numerous duels and never lost. He had gained much favor with the king but when peace had reigned his services were no longer needed and he was abandoned by the King, it was then that he met Hernan Cortez, the once great Conquistador that helped discover the New World who had become a Vampire, Cortez took him under his wing and taught him much of honor and war.

After the death of his Sire he killed his sire's assassins and took over his rivals business interests. He established himself as a keen businessmen when he bought out three of the five major shipping companies in Spain and once again found himself in the Kings court and climbing the ranks of his clan equally as fast, it was another two hundred years before he achieved his desire place as Sheriff of London, there he has resided for near a century but despite his age he has never made a move to go higher, preferring his place despite him being able to be a Prince he has survived many Princes and advised them all.

Embrace: Hernan Cortez was his sire, he gifted Salvador with the Embrace when he realized the potential in the young man.

Birthplace: Madrid

Family/Relationships: None that are still alive.

Friends: Many
Enemies :
Many
Current Nationality: Spanish and British
Current Place of Residence: His home in London

OTHER INFORMATION

Merits and Flaws:

Backgrounds: (if applicable)

Magic Items:
Maria, an ancient blade forged from folded steel that has a human Femur as the hilt.

http://www.hollywoodhardware.de/bladeii/blade3/pictures/drakesword.jpg

Pets/Animal Companions: Gabriel and Miguel his hellhounds.

Other:

Edited by Macman253