Open Community  ·  669 members

Stardew Valley

Mod Ideas. Someone please make!

rithix11

I find myself often saying "I wish there were a mod for that". so I'm pleading with mod-makers to think about these. idk if any of these may already exist, but these are a few thoughts i had for mods that could make things fun! if there are mods like these floating around please let me know. Thank you!

1. Different weapons that are added to the game, with special power moves, that might use a new "forest magic" mana bar.

2. Mods that are designed for a group to play the game competitively. Mainly a farm map with separate feilds for players to be "neighbors", with multiple exit paths near each house instead of just the host player having the advantage. This could also be done by Placing the exit paths in between each players territory... There could be other mods that support competitive multiplayer games as well to help keep a fair balance, Such as changing the traveling merchant, completing bundles, Or possibly creating a point system that actually keeps score on certain goals throughout the game.

3. Increase the speed of the Junimos working. it drives me crazy how slowly they harvest crops, they take so long that sometimes they can't even harvest everything within the huts range before they have to call it a day.

4. Make the Trains a lot more worth while. Not much else to say about that.

5. Add a radio that can be carried and play music that follows the player, similar to the jukebox playing music. Maybe create a radio station just outside of town, with a DJ that gives away prizes to lucky callers who can answer questions about the world.

6. A Detective NPC who comes to town to investigate a missing something. after you find the item for him, he becomes a quest giver for all kinds of unsolved mysteries around stardew valley.

7. Meet the train conductor, and then be able to actually use the train station as a way to travel to a new area far away, just like paying to use the bus or boat. (maybe where radio station is?)

8. introduce some new monsters, and boss monsters that drop very rare and valuable items. some monsters could drop a little coin money too. that'd be nice.

9. Create a Local Talent show as a festival. with judges from the city, and multiple villagers can show off their individual talents or hobbies to win a prize. you can also compete. just a thought, but when you reach level ten in a skill, you are then able to craft a special item to present as your talent. Each skill has its own special display item.

10. make the alter of Yoba do something. it seems like it could be made to have an effect or change to the town, just like the other alters in the game. you could make an offering and it might cause different effects depending on what item you put into it.

Anyway, please consider these thoughts as potential mods for the future. Keep being awesome you guys!