3RD person camera rotation - COMBAT STANCE

MegaDoonRebuild

(Or, I just want to move the camera/while moving the character/

while engaging in combat)

The idea for me was simple, just find a camera/animation MOD that would

makes player character turn and move facing the camera when you push the

control stick downwards even while in combat mode, making it behaving the

same way as when the weapon is sheathed, pretty easy right?

Well apparently not, the game has been out for over 5 years, I've seen Modder

mod every mod moddable, reforesting the wasteland, 8k textures,

law graduate woman becoming a 6,5ft tall goth-mommy-bodybuilder-synth,

and yet, all i could find in the matter of combat stance camera rotation

was a few forum discussions with even fewer comments, and no solutions to unglue

the camera off the back of the player without being static and holding a button.

At this stage in life I just wanna closure, i don't know if this is just a

minor tweak so nobody even bothered wasting time modding it in, or

if is the way the game engine was coded make this change impossible,

I considered learn how to mod Myself, but my stupidity stopped me.

I need to know why it cannot be!

Thank-you and Sorry.

P.S: Bad Inglish (Not native English speaker).

So some sort of a cinematic movie or free fly cam type view while still controlling the fight. It seems like one or the other would need A.I. support because of the problems involved with controlling two separate functions at the same time, with a gamepad or keyboard. Maybe a way to trigger the free fly cam with some way to keep the focus on the action while fighting. I like the idea but will have to wait with you for someone to make it.

• 4 months later...

It seems as simple as not engaging whatever locks the camera when you un-sheath? I've seen folks talk about how the it's the animations that change and the game still is behaving like you are pointing toward your cursor. I.e. it's a visual trick to change the animation based on the directional movement input - when you are ready to fire or ADS then depressing those buttons cause an animation change to "re center" and it appears your character has turned and shooting at the location that was being looked at.

This mod would be the final thing to make 3rd person Fallout more like "The Division" or "The Witcher 3." I'm desperately looking to find a mod and even started downloading some software to see if I can reverse engineer it as my first mod.

Probably, it is worth doing something with v.a.t.s so that the camera is always front to the player. There is no recording function in the game, and only v.a.t.s are left without recording, because it is unrealistic to stare at the mirror and play at the same time. For cinematic shots, it is easier to use npc and tfc. npc with combat dummy function with customizable appearance. It is elementary to make such and use the prepared scene. In combination with 3D max, you can at least shoot movies.But havok can only be more tiresome than havok. Each trifling action will take longer than hiring live actors and making a film. )

Edited by South8028