How to detect weapon being readied/unsheathed

MaxYari

Scripts on objects in inventories (often called tokens) will always run while the actor the inventory of which it is in is near. In case of a token inside the player's inventory the script will run constantly, or I think, as I haven't checked for split-second interruptions when e.g. switching cells.

But I'm using tokens a lot myself to get certain scripts to run on certain actors, or the player, because assigning a script directly to an actor is limited to only 1 at a time and doing it this way will cause lots of conflicts with other mods, doing it with a quest script needs a huge database of tracked actors with long running loops. And so far they've always been working very reliably.

However, if this is only about the player, or any single actor, alone, doing it with a quest script is also fine. Their frequency can be fine-tuned just as much as any object script's. And the player's always easy to reference anyways.

Thanks a lot for additional input, yes for now it's player only, maybe I'll want to port it later so it can work on any actor, but definitely not now. Good to know where I'll have to start though, thanks.