CK QUESTION : How to include mod directly in my mod not as plugin

Andrewupkins

In FO4Edit, “Copy as new record into”.

Hey me again, so I tried that copying Fallout Tank Truck Static object as a new record into my mod in FO4edit but it asked me to add Fallout Tank Truck as master so it's the same as in CK still adding plugin my don't include the model do I do this wrong do I need to copy more than the static object "as new reccord into" for my mod to become independant of the Fallout Tank Truck esp ?

OK, let's say you have a mod called "MyMod.esp" which has two Masters: "Fallout Tank Truck" and "Strider5".

Load "Fallout Tank Truck" and "Strider5" and "MyMod.esp" in FO4Edit. Load the Masters first, then MyMod.esp.

"Copy (the necessary records from the Masters) as new records into" MyMod.esp. It's important that if the record you'd like to copy is already referenced by other records in the Master plugin itself, then you'd need to copy these records first.

OK, let's say you have a mod called "MyMod.esp" which has two Masters: "Fallout Tank Truck" and "Strider5".

Load "Fallout Tank Truck" and "Strider5" and "MyMod.esp" in FO4Edit. Load the Masters first, then MyMod.esp.

"Copy (the necessary records from the Masters) as new records into" MyMod.esp. It's important that if the record you'd like to copy is already referenced by other records in the Master plugin itself, then you'd need to copy these records first.

Ok so I did this,

-In FO4 edit I loaded Fallout Tank Truck.esp and Mymod.esp (Strider5 is the mod author so I only need this one esp)

-I added FalloutTankTruck.esp as master to MyMod.esp

-I copied as overide into (into MyMod.esp) the 2 static object Tank Truck & Tank Truck Wreck and it ask me to rename their ID so I name them "MyMod_TankTruck" (oustside them their is only workshop categorie version of them that you can add in your settlement, also I don't understand what you mean by "already referenced by other records in the master plugin")

-Then I quit and save

-I open the CK with MyMod.esp and FalloutTankTruck.esp (flagued as ESM in FO4EDIT)

But I don't understand what I am supposed to do now because MyMod.esp have FalloutTankTruck.esp as master so I will not see the Tank Truck in my game with my mod unless I also have FalloutTankTruck.esp loaded I am probably dumb but what's the missing step where MyMod.esp have the Tank Truck in my game without FalloutTankTruck.esp loaded ?