Display name change?

Asjure

Tried searching for another topic like it but didn't see anything, so sorry if i missed it.

Are display name changes no longer allowed? In the help topic ( http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=core&module=help&do=01&HID=18 ) it says that changing your username is available, but when I go to user prefs it isn't there at all. Was the option moved someplace else that I've managed to miss, is it a premium feature, or was it just removed entirely?

The only way to change your name is to contact an admin. However, admins will only do it in very exceptional cases. The only other option is to get a member of staff to ban your current account so you can create a new one with the name you want. Remember, get them to ban your account first!

As far as I can remember back it was never possible to begin with.

Don't know why the help page is telling differently. (A limited number of times? Really? Since when was "0" the same as "limited"?)

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

What you're seeing there is the standard IPB help page. Changing your username is not currently supported here, and as mentioned, admins will only do so in exceptional cases (or if you give them a cookie!).

My guess is that particular item came in with the latest update to the IPB forums and has - until now - not been noticed by the people responsible for changing it. This is the same update that took away our forum kudos and separate avatar and the pic posted in your account page. >:(