Animation Diagonal Walk / Run

bobsobol

You can "moonwalk" or "moonrun" diagonally in 3rd person... and this is the "bug" I'm griping about.

The animating model of my avatar should shift it's angle 45 degrees from the camera when pressing W and A or W and D (assuming default layout) simultaneously... but it doesn't.

Sliding down hills sideways is one thing... Sliding sideways uphill, or on flat ground which is not evidently frosted or "slippery" and in a manner quite alien to our normal experience of the laws of physics is another entirely. Especially when (other than being controlled by a mystic board of keys from a real known as Earth) no magical effect is noticeably present on my avatar.

Perhaps Sourons arm has grown even longer and can push my Player Character sideways as he runs with an otherwise unnoticed wind?

It just seems a shame that we can turn Oblivion into Assassins Creed with Deadly Reflexes and Thieves Highway, and can make him / her pleasure them self at the drop of a "Cudgel" (I'm sure that should be Cajole ;) ) but can't correct the unnatural diagonal walk/run in 3rd person.

• 4 years later...

after playing skyrim, then going back to fallout maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan it is sooooo annoying and noticable for me somone. please PLEASE make a movement improvement mod for oblivion, fallout 3 and new vegas ;D