MMORPG / WoW Style Dungeons and Raids

donker316

Wouldn't some WoW or MMORPG style dungeons and Epic Loot be fun? I have been thinking about making one, but just can't decide which one to do.

Some ideas for great Dungeons (Skyrim Lore-Friendly)

1. Scarlet Monastery - aka Vigilant of Stendar Monastery

2. Deadmines

3. Kara

4. Black Temple

5. Grulls Lair - Great one because it's not very big

6. Sunwell/ Tempest Keep

7. Nax

8. ?

If anyone is interested in any of these let me know, and I'll start an attempt to recreate them in a Skyrim lore-Friendly way. I would or Could use some assistance in creating Exterior Buildings because that is my weak spot in modding. If anyone else wishes to make one of these or another dungeon from WoW I would love to see it.

Utgarde Keep exists somewhere in the depths of this site :smile:

Edit: Just saw you're the actual creator of that one, mercy me, how embarrassing x)

Cont: Karazhan is and has always been my absolute favourite raid/dungeon in WoW, brings back the old memories :) I'd love to see it again x)

Edited by Halendia

Yeah I loved Kara too. I think someone on here has made a Karazhan exterior already. I'll Contact the Author and see If i could use his building. Would save me a lot of time on exterior and because I also suck at them.

I think the raid bosses could be done as well, but i'll have to take a look at SkymoMod and Immersive Creatures and see if I could use a model out of there for bosses(With permission of course:) If I do start this Raid it will take me a while because I want to script the boss fights so we will see what happens. I am getting my new laptop after my next paycheck so I can work on the mod while i'm away for work.

Haha, this would be a huge project :smile: btw, I think that Magister's Terrace would be fun if you replace the BElfs with High Elves :smile:

Bosslist then & Encounters

Encounters

Stables (Attumen & Midnight)
[Horses] Spectral Charger, Stallion
[Human] Spectral Stable Hand, Apprentice

Scullery

[Human] Spectral Chef
[Human] Ghostly Baker

Ballroom (Moroes + 4 random (Baroness Dorothea Millstipe, Lady Catriona Von'Indi, Lady Kiera Berrybuck, Baron Rafe Dreuger, Lord Robin Daris, Lord Crispin Ference)

[Human] Spectral Servant, Waiter, Retainer
[Human] Phantom Guest, Valet, Attendant

[Human] Ghostly Steward

Guest Quarters (Maiden of Virtue)

[Human] Phantom Guardsman
[Human] Spectral Sentry
[Human] Night Mistress
[Human] Concubine
[Human] Wanton Mistress

Servant's Quarters (1 random (Hyakiss the Lurker, Rokad the Ravager, Shadikith the Glider))
[spider] Coldmist Widow, Stalker
[bat] Shadowbat, Vampiric, Greater
[Hound] Dreadbeast
[Hound] Shadowbeast
[Hound] Phase Hound

Opera House (Opera Event, 1 random (Wizard of Oz, Big Bad Wolf, Romulo and Julianne))
[Human] Phantom Stagehand
[skeleton] Skeletal Usher (Dragon Priest/Draugr model?)
[Human] Spectral Performer, Patron
[Human] Ghosly Philantropist

The Broken Stair
[Ghost] Ghastly Haunt
[Ghost] Trapped Soul

The Menagerie (The Curator)
[Mech] Arcane Watchman (Frost Atronarch?)

[Elem] Arcane Anomaly
[Wyrm] Syphoner (Frost Wyrm?)

Guardian's Library (Shade of Aran, Terestian Illhoof, Netherspite)
[Mech] Arcane Watchman, Protector (Frost Atronarch?)
[Elem]Chaotic Sentience
[beast] Mana Feeder (Frost Wyrm?)

[Elem] Mana Warp
[Elem] Magical Horror
[Elem] Spell Shade
[imp] Homonculus
[Human] Shadow Pillager
[Elem] Sorcerous Shade
[Human] Ethereal Thief, Spellfilcher

Gamesman's Hall (Chess Event)
Medivh

The Topmost (Prince Malchezaar)
[beast] Fleshbeast
[beast] Greater Fleshbeast

The Master's Terrace (Nightbane)

Edited by Halendia

Thank you for the Boss and enemy list. I asked the Author of WoW Armors if I could use his Karazhan Exterior building just waiting on a reply. Gunna just go over some layouts and see what can and can't be done before I start.

1. Layout

2. Interiors

3. Lighting - Nevmesh

4. Boss - skyrim creature matching

5. First Boss encounter (Attumen & Midnight)

6. Go from there

So that wil be my gameplan to start this mod. With work it might take me a while, Plus I wanna get permission to use custom Armor from other authors...not just recycled vanilla gear. We will see what happens :)

OK so i have looked into it and have Decided to make Karazhan. I will be making it just like the WoW version except changing the Boss and creature names to make it a lore-Friendly version. I won't be able to get much done until I get my new laptop, so I be learning more about Dungeon building and Scripting in the mean time. Should have my new laptop in 2-3 weeks depending on how much over time at work I can get :smile: I watched a few videos of basic scripting seems straight forward enough, but gotta learn how to use the script extender as well prob. So here are my ideas for the Dungeon as of now.

1. Make the exterior and find a suitable location in Skyrim or Maybe even the Soul Cairn :smile: Seems like a Lore-Friendly Spot for a Raid.

2. Look for modders resources to Build the Guest Rooms and Ballroom Area and add a clothed version of a Draugr for Moroes (name will be changed for release)

3. Try and script the Opera scene to randomly give Big Bad Wolf, Romulo & Julianne, Wizard of Oz

4. Script the Chess match scene, and find suitable boss models for all bosses (From SkymoMod, Skyrim immersive creatures, etc....if I get permission of course)

5. Get modder and player input on how to make each boss extremely difficult and fun at the same time. UFO will most likely be needed for these boss fight.

6. Add an option to change from regular to Heroic difficulty by press and stone outside Karazhan or maybe a SkyUI MCM option if Stone option is not possible.

7. Make each Fight unique and with similar attacks from the WoW raid, with unique and useful epic Loot that trumps Daedric/Dragon but not game breakingly overpowered.

Edited by donker316

Thanks I actually already have the Exterior done Kinda. its in its own interior test space, but gotta see if I can get it into the Soul Cairn were it won't make problems for Vanilla Dawnguard. The scripting will be one of the hardest bits for me I think. My lack of experience will be the factor there. The community is very helpful though and if I get the exterior and interiors looking playble i'm sure I can get a script wizard to join me later on. When people see your serious about completing a project they are more willing to help because your not wasting their time. I say this project will take anywhere from 3-6 months just to enter alpha/Beta stage, if not a little longer then that. It's all a matter of how much I can get working, looking good, and outside modder help. If it's a success I will move on to another Raid.

Get your interiors and exteriors done and I'll help out with the papyrus. I have a few of my own projects and I'm helping out with a handful of others, but I'm sure it won't be a while until you've done all that anyway.

I'd suggest just making an entirely new world-space called Deadwind Pass, then just make a valley out of Blackreach rocks and walls, thrown in with mountains and cliffs, ect.. Deadwind pass is quite a simple valley, so I wouldn't have thought it would be too hard to make. Then just make a cave entrance into the valley via the mountain range between Skyrim and Cyrodiil. There's plenty of vanilla content you could do all that with. You wouldn't even need to make a weather template or alter the region info, just use the Kathspire one, that's desaturated and misty enough.

As for Karazhan itself.. without using custom models and textures, I'd suggest playing around with the Imperial exterior stuff, since it's flexible.. or the Dragonreach base. Your interiors could be made up of WRDungeon or WHCastle objects. I don't think there is any part of Karazhan that is impossible with the vanilla stuff.

Just don't ask me to script the Chess game.. that would give me a headache. Everything else is pretty straight forward.