Game crash with Mods

Revenantch

Hi fellow Warriors

Since the DLC and the patch on 27. May, I cant start MW5 Mercs with acitvated modifications.
So far I could find out, that it has something to do with the files in the Mods - folder, cause evertime I delete the Modlist.txt - file, the game works again, but I have to reactivate all Mods again.

I am open for suggestions, because I dont know what else I could try.

Thanks for your time

cheers

PS: I am using Epic since day one, and never had problems.

Same issue, mods don't work as the mod folder is now gone, and .paks in the pak folder cause a crash. I had to completely redownload mw5 and reinstall to get to the point where it would load at all (because that wiped the .pak folder). It was throwing a UE4 low level fatal error about one of the base widget dependency as the error - completely no help what so ever as we have no control on widget load error.

Meanwhile, no HUD, back to crappy graphics and only by the book hardpoints.

Real s#*! customer service - forced updates with no warning on consequences.

So I played around a bit with the JSON Files in this example with the Merc - Reloaded. And the Error Message is like this one:

LowLevelFatalError (File:Unknown) (Line:2740)
Missing Dependency, request for
/Game/UI/Mech/Components/HUD_WeaponPanel.HUD_WeaponPanel_C but it was still waiting for creation.

So I tried to fill that line into the JSON File and first it worked, but after the Piranha Logo it crashed again, but this time with another line.

very few of the nexus mods will work with the steam version of the game. It appears that you have to download the mods through steam if you bought the game through steam. This really peeves me as I wanted to try several mods, none of which are on the steam list. They only have 7 listed, none of which I really care to use right away. The ones I really want are the better spawns and the better zoom mods. Not being able to use the better spawns mod makes the game pretty much unplayable for me.

Edited by ChristSeeker

so, the mods folder may have been moved on y'alls' systems. On mine, purchased through steam it is located at D:\gaming\steamapps\common\MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries\MW5Mercs

And under Epic?

Sorry, I don't do anything with Epic. That's why I bought it through steam. Even then, a lot of the mods will not work with the new release. I have tried various ways of using them; including putting them into the mods folder and trying to get the game to recognize them. As a long time fan of the Table Top game, I was really looking forward to trying MW5 Reloaded. Makes me want to cry.

I have epic, my mod folder is at--->

C:/MW5Mercs/MW5Mercs/Mods

Every one was expecting mod incompatibilities. The attitude was just see what happens after the patch. Now the patch is here, and tadaah mods don't work. So you can remove your mods and add them back 1 by 1 from your most favorite first and if the mod does not work, hopefully the original Modder will update it soon.

I'm not sure if another Modder can update someone else mod. Not sure weather that is acceptable or not. If it is, someone should do a mod package. Add together all the best mods into a single download.

I'd love to see game leagues with leader boards. say 3 years game time, with a list of accepted mods and start date. Is that something a Modder can do?

This is starting to go off topic about Steam vs Epic. The point is that most mods are not working for most people since May 27th. An update that was supposed to make using mods easier. Has anyone had any time to go further down the rabbit hole than Revenantch here did?

So I played around a bit with the JSON Files in this example with the Merc - Reloaded. And the Error Message is like this one:

LowLevelFatalError (File:Unknown) (Line:2740)
Missing Dependency, request for
/Game/UI/Mech/Components/HUD_WeaponPanel.HUD_WeaponPanel_C but it was still waiting for creation.

So I tried to fill that line into the JSON File and first it worked, but after the Piranha Logo it crashed again, but this time with another line.

Edited by morgpyro