Merging Mods?

superpunkfrompalmy

Years ago I got into the habit of merging all mod favourite oblivion mods (morrowind too) in to one nice tidy big mod, usually as an esm.

And then archiving all the mods extra files into a nice tidy old bsa.

So my question is, does anyone know how I can merge mods together with the Geck? (or any other tool).

Used to be there was a line to add into an ini file somewhere.

hmm ... you could try with FOMMs TESsnip.

if you open an esp with it you get the data-entries.

copying etry for entry you could merge mods. You´d have to check each time that there are no double entries, because that could lead to strange consequences (rangeing from "nothing" to "crash during load" :rolleyes: :biggrin: )

I did so with some small mods, so the principle is working, could be tiresome with large mods with lots of entries and/or mods that change cells ...

but thats mostly theory, though. Especially when it comes to dependancies ...

edit: lol ... i am slow at typing, i guess *g*

• 2 months later...

hear you go guys :thumbsup:

Open the mods you want to extract from & the mod you want to put it in useing FO3Edit.

Once fully loaded, R-Click your mod in the left panel and select "Compare To..."

Navigate to the Mod you want to extract from and select it

In the right panel, Messages tab, look for any warnings which will indicate a struggle(s) for form ID(s)

If you get warnings about overriden forms, you must R-Click the entries in Mod B and "Change Form ID" such that the first two characters aren't altered, yet the Form ID is brand new (black and white)

If/when prompted after changing form ID's, update only the references in Mod B

After changing Form ID's, quit and save, then load Mod A again, "Compare To..." Mod B, and double check for any warnings in the "Messages" tab of the right panel

If/Once all Form ID's in Mod B are not conflicting with different entried from Mod A, highlight as many entries as you can and R-Click, then "Copy as override into" and select Mod A

Repeat until all records in Mod B are also within Mod A

save your file.

gl

other thing can try is another utility in the FO3Nexus file database 'FO3Plugin_1_3-5104', which does a fairly good job of merging different mods automatically. Only weakness is re-merging updated mods already merged (use FO3Edit here as indicated above). Have fun ...

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...