Improve Anti Aliasing in Mass Effect 2 and 3 on PC?

hlhbk

In the original games you could use Nvidia profile inspector to force SGSSAA to eliminate aliasing. It doesn't work on these releases. Any idea how to fix this cause the aliasing is terrible even at 4K?

Hi, I tried contacting you on Resetra website, but I could not create an account there. They wanted me to use a... non-disposable email... Strangest website ever.

Anyway, on topic. I'm experiencing the same problem as you do, and I'm eagerly looking for a solution. The anti-aliasint problem that you are experiencing, I think it's just a bug. I have seen several people playing this game and they have the same flickering shimmering effect of certain edges in the game. It just amazes me how many people put up with that and not mention this problem anywhere.

The problem:

This is especially noticeable on Normandy in ME2. And in ME1 it was also pretty bad on the planet Noveria, right after the train. It is also noticeable on Kasumi mission in ME2.

What these bugged areas seem to have in common is: they are textures and edges of interior places in the game, especially indoor bases / areas.

I tried Reshade AA filters/modules, Nvidia AA settings and DSR. I tried running a 4K resolution on my 1440p monitor. None of it makes this specific problem disappear. The weird thing is that certain areas have none of these problems. This is why I think it's a bug. Bad testing by BioWare.

I really hope that someone will fix this soon. It's not a big deal, but it's still kind of ruins the immersion for me, especially when talking to characters in these buggy areas.

If you'll find a fix or temporary solution please let me know.