Z-Fighting on snow (at least i think it is)

savior99

Hi all, I have reinstalled skyrim with the same mods i had before (skyrim HD2k, better dynamic snow, ENB, and others).

Now i get this annoying flickering (z-figthing) when on snow, going uphill so when snow is in line with my line of sight.

Would you know how to correct this? (watch in 1080p or you won't notice it)

More info on the description of video. thanks if u have any clue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAkRN0qJjxw&feature=youtu.be

same ini file mate, just played around with the lighting a little.

only different mods i added are the bethesda official HD patch with the mod reccommended in the description of it (Compatible version patch).

Tried to disable it but problem is still there.

define 'played around with the lighting a little' :)

since you use ENB... it can be related to Ambient Occlusion and the weather being a little bit foggy. It can also be that your textures are fighting... see if removing the official HD patches and the Unofficial HD patch help (not sure if disabling them will be enough). You basically have 3 mods trying to modify the snow; Skyrim HD, Official Patches, and a Snow mod. If you dont have Dragonborn, there is no need (or hardly any) to have the Official HD DLC. Skyrim HD does enough.

I have noticed it helps to tweak the sun update time and threshold in Skyrim.ini

Set these values inside the ini;

fSunShadowUpdateTime=00.00

fSunUpdateThreshold=00.00

In game open console and type: set timescale to 1

Save game to save the timescale setting.

This will make time in game go at real time.

I don't know anymore if it works for your specific problem, I have been fighting that exact issue before and have changed so many settings in the meantime... I wouldn't know exactly which setting fixed it :\ ... if the damn copy-paste would work on this forum I would post my ini files so you can see if it's related to them or not

thanks man, yes that is what i was thinking, overlapping textures...but removing the snow one didn't help, and neither the official patch...so i was with the same settings as the last game where i didn't have this issue.

I think i will have to live with this.

Great tip the one of the real-time, i want it!

i hate when it's always night or dusk...i want light when i go around...this way i can enjoy more i guess, will activate it immediately.

Edited by savior99

• 9 months later...

Hi all, I have reinstalled skyrim with the same mods i had before (skyrim HD2k, better dynamic snow, ENB, and others).

Now i get this annoying flickering (z-figthing) when on snow, going uphill so when snow is in line with my line of sight.

Would you know how to correct this? (watch in 1080p or you won't notice it)

More info on the description of video. thanks if u have any clue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAkRN0qJjxw&feature=youtu.be

same issue, but with me it dose not matter do i go uphill downhill or straight, just like in this video

Edited by Sugram